Overwatch 2 Launches October 4 as a Free-to-Play Live Experience

Overwatch 2 Launches October 4 as a Free-to-Play Live Experience

The wait is over with the release of Overwatch 2 on the horizon.

View Full Article

1 Like

This is a wonderful announcement!

To the developers at Blizzard Entertainment: MacOS port please?

4 Likes

Is there going to be a MacOS port ?

League of legends runs 100fps on m1 macbook air

3 Likes

Indeed, a MacOS port would be great.

2 Likes

Greetings Blizzard Entertainment,I learn many things from your community and games,I have to ask you,you might not answer,dosn’t metter,do you think that’s a good idea,Overwatch 2 to be free to play?This time I have to disagree with you.But I’ll stay and follow you no metter what.

1 Like

What is the benefit for the player which own the Origin Overwatch paid $39.99 for Overwatch 2?

Hey blizzard, would i get overwatch 2 if i have overwatch legendary edition?

Mac M1, please. or cloud gaming!

1 Like

To the developers at Blizzard Entertainment:
Are you actually going to no affect live services during updates in the future? Are you actually going to tamper with live services outside of any in-play server?

Are you going to handle leavers so ranked ladder isn’t negative/positively affected by leavers?

Interested to hear your thoughts… at present, experiences are terrible.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it.

They’ll do what they do. You’ll never stop leavers.

Most leavers are “accidental” (your DC’s and such) so there is very little they can do as that’s user end issues.

Don’t worry about it then…
I was sending this out to the developers :confused:

Imagine thinking this is where the Devs come for any feedback… Lol

There is a reason why they have a large internal QA and playtest team (around 4000 people during OW2 testing). And they bring in certain people for play testing (like they did with the content creators day. They had to sign NDAs as they got to play Kiriko)

They don’t need to check the forums for people’s feed back. And if it’s a genuine technical issue or bug, there is a specific email address to use.

they do come here for feedback. its called a forum, devs dont turn a blind eye to forums.

It’s cute that you think that.

They rarely look at the US forums, the EU is never checked.

Why aren’t you playing the game. You say you enjoy it.

Thats not true they can put leavers into a seperate queue. So you can have one for adults who care enough to have a stable connection and pay for that. And you can have another queue for people who havee issues.

From my experience of gaming, And its been 25yrs is that leavers are lazy. They have bad connections and dont care and they refuse to spend money to fix it. Or they refuse to accept that thier locations isnt right for online games. As you once said yourself “no sympathy” for them.

Get rid of them and instantly make ranked better. It suits them to be in with other fellow unreliables and thus they wont get reported!

They don’t have separate queues for anything, and this wouldn’t solve anything.

Exactly that.
CS do this by placing people in a low trust-factor pool.
Dota also implements the same thing here for consistent leavers.

Alternatively they could just cancel the game given the length of the game time, provide the leaver with a heavy penalty, and everyone else placed as a draw.
The only exploit is potentially friends getting away with a free draw rather than a loss (Suppose they could also recieve a loss?).

But having a separate queue for leavers will get us part way to having a fair game.

Why, you can just try to win the game instead.

The team with 5 slot populated vs 6 slots populated, are at a disadvantage.
If they lose, their SR and MMR is affected as said previously, that is why.

To make it a fair game.
Why risk an almost guarenteed loss when you could fair game it via a draw. I’ve probably won only two out of ALL the previous d/c’s I’ve had on my team. If I was playing as a 5 man premade it may more possible than if not.

Previously and incorrectly stated by you. Only SR is impacted.

Because you should be trying to win, and you might learn something in that 5v6 that you wouldn’t have before.

It is a mentality thing.