What to expect for Season 2: Ramattra, Shambali Monastery, and the Battle for Olympus

What to expect for Season 2: Ramattra, Shambali Monastery, and the Battle for Olympus

Season 2 is around the corner, and with it, a myriad of new in-game developments!

View Full Article

2 Likes

Whait where are Brigitte and Wrecking ball buffs?

i’m so excited for all these outrageously over-priced skins, i’m hoping that maybe i’ll only have to complete the humiliatingly stingy weekly challenges every week for 5 years to be able to afford a single skin! so excited to see how much more greedy and predatory this next battle pass is going to be!

10 Likes

I also hope they remove those discounts! Because who needs them right?!

1 Like

Thanks for new champion Ramattra it’s a Chrisma’s gift , I see very well balanced and legendary epic story line , thank you Overwatch Dev team for your effort I never doubt in you. :heart::heart::heart: Also good luck everyone at Season 2

Pretty nice that we can get Ramattra sooner now. Why aren’t there more god inspired skins in the battle pass? Also the Botanist Ana skin and the Tracer skin (without talking about the Echo skin) in the battle pass don’t make much sense since you’ve said that the battle pass will be themed around “stuff of gods and legends: Greek Mythology!” So other than the Ana skin the battle pass is kinda meh, pretty much s1 battle pass. I’d talk about more stuff but I’m keeping it in line with the article I’m writing to. If what you’ve said is right and we can unlock 3 skins in the next event then that will be pretty awesome.

excuse me did you delete my comment just because it was some negative criticism?

I write it again: You need to fix the overpriced shop and currency.

Currency packs either need to give 400% more coins, or items need to cost 25% of what they are currently costing. (rare skin 100 coins instead of 300, legendary skin 500 instead of 1900 etc)
The fact that the same money that can buy you 3 legendary skins bought you 200 random but overall good quality items in Overwatch 1 is unfair and unacceptable.

Also, microtransactions are only accaptable in a game where its to bypass normal progression. Currently with the 60 coins a week, there is no progression, 8 months for a legendary skin isn’t progression its an insult. You need to give 60 coins daily, not weekly.

6 Likes

Old Overwatch is better than this season pass it was awesome packages now they lock new charrecters why tell us why did you become corrupted

3 Likes

Can’t wait for Battle for Olympus and the chance to pay 20 euro for a single new skin :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Not sure this double negative was needed…

But yes, it probably was how you criticised that was the problem. You are on the forums, you can see people criticise (rightly or wrongly) everyday. So clearly being critical isn’t an issue.

it was word-to-word the same as my comment below it that wasn’t deleted, so I assume someone hoped that I’m just a bot and I wouldn’t notice.

Also, “negative criticism” isn’t a double negative.

“Criticism:
the analysis and judgement of the merits and faults of a literary or artistic work.”

Criticism can pull attentions to both bad and good aspects to the subject that is being critiqued

1 Like

Yeah. I personally disagree with your critique.

Apart from on one part, it is too expensive for my liking. So I won’t pay. Other than that they can charge what they like, makes no difference to whether the game is fun to play or not.

I disagree with you. We must agree to disagree.

The entire genre of the turn-based hero-shooter depends on motivating players to finish what they start. In OW1 you only got XP at the end of the match. People, even when they were loosing, stayed and fought because at least at the end of the fight they might’ve leveled up and got a lootbox.

Completly removing this motivation has ruined casual plays.
On my experience, this lackluster reward system effects the game and makes it less fun.
Ever since they removed the lootboxes for leveling up. I encounter multiple ragequitters every match. I didn’t have a single casual match in the past month without at least one person leaving. And because the game is now 5v5 that one person leaving effect the team comp even harder.

Sorry, but I don’t agree with you. Just because they CAN do whatever they want doesn’t mean they should. And they can only make better decisions if we provide feedback.

Legally being able to do something doesn’t mean its morally right and that we should accept it silently.

I’ll never stop voicing what they took away from the players when they shut down OW1.
Games are far more frustrating now because of the constant leavers that will make a loosing team loose even harder. That is a problem that they need fixing, and they can only fix it right by rewarding the players that stay and finish a fight.

Making the free items of the BattlePass Lootboxes would be one of the right moves.

1 Like

Anything to do with Lootboxes is a legal dead zone they won’t return to. So best to just forget all about them.

As for the pass, there is nothing wrong with it. The free pass is what it is, it is for people who don’t care about that sort of stuff.

The premium pass is cheap for what you get.

The shop, the stuff in the shop is ok. Too expensive for me to care about, but others are lapping it up.

“Just because they CAN do whatever they want doesn’t mean they should.” this statement, I totally, 100% agree with you. But they will only stop if it isn’t working. So if it stays as it is, that is a pretty good sign that it is performing well. Remember, it is business, morals don’t pay the bills.

1 Like

Selling them is gambling.

Giving them out as free reward isn’t, its not any different than any other different random reward that many games give out for playing.

People are not motivated to level up the battlepass because many don’t care for the specific skins or sprays or charms or icons offered in the free part of the battlepass.

If it’s a lootbox it can be anything, maybe something that you will like.

The Battlepass is basically the only reasonably priced thing in the game at the moment. 10 dollars + a few weeks of grinding for 6-7 legendary skins and many other stuff, I think its a fair game. Which just makes the $20 for a single skin more outragous

No its not, its not expensive for you, it’s too expensive for any human standard. This isn’t fortnite where a $20 skin is always available, there are 36 heroes, and counterpicking is still a big part of the gameplay, you are often not going to play the hero you are buying a skin for.

And ironically I only have seen the new Medusa Widow skin once in 2 days and that person ragequitted after he was countered. So no. People are definitely not lapping it up.

The game NEEDS to change its reward system, that is not my opinion, that is a fact

2 Likes

That is very much an opinion.

The facts will be in the money they make. If it’s making good money they won’t change it. When it changes it’s because it isn’t performing to the desired level.

But if people constantly need rewarding for everything they do, they’ll never win with those people. Whatever they get will never be enough. It’s the way things are these days. Just having some fun playing games with people isn’t enough now.

Legally speaking the “gambling” element comes from the reward having value to the “winner”.

So, it literally doesn’t matter how you obtained the box. It will still be gambling.

(apologies for the annoying account switch there).

Lootboxes are being banned for their predatory micro-transaction problems.

Every country that took action against lookboxes specifically target the case of “paying with real life money for a random reward.” That is sensibe and justified sanction as it mimics real life gambling.

A random reward in return of invested TIME in the game however is in the clear.
TF2, GTA and several other bigname games give out randomized rewards for free.

That is just the fact, the matter how you obtain the lootbox DOES matter a lot, its only frowned upon when you have to purchase them with real life money or indirectly with purchesable currency.

Giving one out for free like a weekly challange reward would absolutely not count as gambling.

1 Like

Actually they were being targeted by law makers because organisations like the NHS were linking them to youth gambling problems.

""In a release on the NHS website, Claire Murdoch, mental health director, wrote that the randomized, risk vs reward structure of loot boxes sets "kids up for addiction by teaching them to gamble. “”

The perceived “predatory nature” was always noted, but not something law makers were overly bothered about.

This is why EU countries were/are banning them…
“that the content of these loot boxes is determined by chance and that the prizes to be won can be traded outside of the game: the prizes have a market value .”

Never anything about paying for the boxes, earning them, or being given them. That part is totally irrelevant.