Overwatch 2 Forecast: Festivities, friends, and a definite chance of Winter Wonderland!

Overwatch 2 Forecast: Festivities, friends, and a definite chance of Winter Wonderland!

It’s the most wonderful time of the year: heroes get cozy cosmetics, maps are blanketed in snow, and the arcade modes get a unique, icy twist!

View Full Article

menu screen says event is live, but the seasonal challenge for brig skin is not shown in season challenge list.

It’s the season of giving indeed.
Remember when we got 5 winter lootboxes as a christmas gift from blizzard, just for logging, and a few extra if you played certain modes at the time?
20+ random goodies, and a lot of people were lucky enough with an epic or legendary skin, people loved to show off what things THEY personally got.
Now everyone gets the same 1 skin and a few useless weapon charms, and we suppose to feel thankful for it?

1 Like

I had to restart the game before it was visible. Unfortunately, I already completed a handful of challenges that also didn’t count because I did not restart my game.

You already got a game for free. Now you want free skins ‘just for logging’? Why on earth would they do that?

For all I care you can just uninstall the game and never come back. It’s so sad that in 2022 people only care about cosmetics that are barely visible, while gameplay itself seems a low priority. No wonder Blizzard keeps releasing new cosmetics. When drones like you keep demanding them.

1 Like

I didn’t ask for the free game.
I didn’t ask them to drop the 40 usd box price.
I didn’t ask them to take away free skins for progression and gameplay rewards.
I didn’t ask them to then increase the time for getting a free skin from 2-3 weeks to 8 months.
I didn’t ask them to increase the price of bypassing that grind of 300-500 usd to 10 000 usd.
Stop trying to defend this absolutely insanely overpriced monetization because you can’t. Anyone with a little bit of self-respect will know this is not okay.
A 6 year old skin has paid the artist already 50 times over through lootbox sales, asking 20 dollars now is just corporate greed.

3 Likes
  • They don’t need to ask you anything.
  • I’m not defending anything. I just don’t agree with people that want cosmetics for free, while the base game is pretty well designed and playable.
  • Drones that keep buying reskins are why you keep seeing the same things. Blame them, if you insist on blaming someone.
1 Like

stop calling people drones just because you are too self-absorbed and unemphatic to their problems with the game.

Games like these are designed to make you want skins, it’s psychology, google “Activision system designed to encourage microtransaction”.

Free game doesn’t justifiy being stingy, there are other f2p games that give out several free rewards just for playing because guess what, we make money to the company just by playing the game and bumping up the player numbers. Because the more free players there are that are willing to spend 8 hours a day for a week to earn a cosmetic item the more lazy buggers are too that will look at that and say. “56 hours for a skin? Nah, here is 20 dollars, just give me the skin”

1 Like

It’s hilarious how you were fine with lootboxes that were almost the same element, probably even more addicting.

This isn’t Facebook. F2P players don’t contribute anything. Their only price model is cosmetics. Look at a game like Path of Exile: a game that used this from the start. It’s incredibly successful and shows both developers and the community appreciate it.

Let’s say a person buys a skin once every 3 months. That’s a very reasonable price if you play the game consistently. Things cost money in life. This is no exception.

And let’s not forget you can get multiple free skins (which seem incredibly important to you):

• By watching streams
  • By participating in events
  • By watching OWL

But I guess it’s still not enough right?

2 Likes

kek, cool story bro, only problem with it:
-I agreed that lootboxes were gambling mechanic, and therefore it is important that they aren’t sold anymore in a game rated PG12. But not being sold shouldn’t mean entirely removed, we used to get a free one every 5th level up and we still should. 4 random items is better than a weapon charm or spray they offer for free in the battle pass.

-Player numbers absolutely counts, a high player count draws in more players to try it, as well as draws in investors that will buy the company’s stock.

-Buying a cosmetic every 3 month when there were 40 added in that time, you are forced to miss out 97% of the content that is added to the game. Also you are very much too optimistic thinking that majority of players has 20 dollar to spend on a cosmetic every 3 months.

-I don’t have a twict and I don’t want one, I don’t watch streams because guess what I’m on the other side of the planet, most of the time when these streams rewards are given out I’m in bed recovering from my dayjob.

2 Likes

You also get a whole game for free now. And consistent updates. I wouldn’t cry too much.

1 Like

oh stfu Roku, told U I would rather pay 40 usd box price to get the old monetization and progression system back so you “bUt iT’s fReeee” mentality doesn’t convince me.

Free lootboxes also constitute gambling.

It’s not the box itself, it’s the rewards inside that are the issue. If they are deemed “of value”. You are gambling.

1 Like

Then you are a fool.

Why pay when they are literally giving it away.

hmmm, why buy a 40 usd game that gives you a game progression system where through playing the game for 3-4 years allows you to earn the over 2000 cosmetic items.

VS a game that is free and said 2000 cosmetic items are paywalled behind a 10 000 usd price tag.

10.000 usd vs 40 usd. Yeah I’m the fool

OW1 had no progression. Just gambling.

OW2 has progression through the BP (now if you say the contents of the BP are a bit rubbish, I’d totally agree)

The cost of things in the shop is a totally separate issue. They can charge what they like, just don’t buy it if it’s too much for you. If they don’t sell, they prices will drop. You don’t need it, so sldont fret about it.

If your only complaint is cosmetics… Then they have made a good game.

1 Like

OW1 progression system:
-Earn at least 3 lootboxes each week by winning certain gamemmodes
-Earn a lootbox every time you level up on your account.
-Even if the lootbox had nothing you wanted it has a high chance to give out currency rewards between 50 and 500 credits
-1 legendary skin costed 1000 credits, which means you usually could unlock one of your choice every 2-3 weeks.

compared to that you now have 8 months of wait time if you want to use coins that you earn through gameplay.

And having a good game buried under a disgusting monotization system is a not a good look. Especially if its essentially the same game I paid for and already played for 4 years, with 1 hero slot removed from the team.

Don’t pay them. You said the game is good. Play it for free and don’t worry about the rest.

The BP and cosmetics don’t matter if you just don’t pay.

The old system was killing the game. Was bad for everyone.

1 Like

Consistent? LMFAOOOOOOO

1 Like

So far there’s been content and updated every week.

Now is the content good… That’s a separate issue. But it’s consistently rolling out.