Overwatch 2 developer blog: Matchmaker and competitive deep dive, part 1

Overwatch 2 developer blog: Matchmaker and competitive deep dive, part 1

We’d like to talk about something where we’ve seen a lot of feedback and concerns: matchmaking in Overwatch 2.

View Full Article

1 Like

I’m surprised that they have even posted an article on the EU forums given the lack of any other comms/responses we get around here.

The win-rates of new players should be normally distributed, meaning most should be hovering around a 50% win-rate, but instead, the distribution was skewed with new players losing at higher rates.

Reading this, it just shows their inability to recognise how broken their matchmaker is. It’s been observed multiple times yet it’s took them this long to finally realise that it needs fixing.

It’s good to see though that they’re finally starting to look at data rather than breaking balance.

Your MMR will rise over time if you improve your skill and win more games against players of your current MMR level.

Interesting to read that a loss does indeed affect MMR. It backs up previous sources from a Q&A session that Leavers (therefore more than likely a match loss) do indeed affect your MMR

You’ve taken that out of context. Read on, it’s because they put new players initially in silver and they lost a lot. So they’ve adjusted and new players now start in bronze and go from there.

Where you keep coming up with broken I don’t know. They just mistakenly assumed new players would be a little better than they turned out to be.

We all knew MMR is impacted by wins and losses. Says nothing about leavers though as that was confirmed a long time ago.

You won’t as you struggle to understand basic discussions as found yesterday.

Not everyone, RodimusPrime is a user on the forums who for over a year has been insistent that MMR is unaffected my a leaver, therefore usually a loss of the game. This just proves further that he has literally no idea what he’s talking about. He couldn’t even provide a valid source for his claims. Luckily he’s fell silent on these forums.

It’s just good to see another valid source.

As explained above, this is another observation that you struggle to understand basic discussions.

Review what I typed. Nothing is taken out of context.

2 Likes

And that is correct. You just get a loss, and your SR goes up and down. MMR doesn’t change.

He hasn’t, that’s my main account, I just haven’t gone back on to my pc for ages as I’ve been away working. As was explained to you yesterday… You do seem to project a lot of your failings on to others.

But they’ve just confirmed everything I’ve said about MMR. You being passive agressive about it just looks sad.

The article states:
Your MMR will rise over time if you improve your skill and win more games against players of your current MMR level.

The word “Win” suggests if you lose, your MMR will fall - it is not a one way street.

A user claimed (maybe stated?) it was you. I don’t recall you confirming that statement at the time so I couldn’t believe what I had read, and I didn’t want to place yourself as RodimusPrime, but thank you for stating that.

I am not passive agressive. I am dealing with the facts, and the knowledge that you are clearly unable to understand what you’re reading and how to interact with users.
Calling them a “Fool” and a “Nothing” while not being able to understand basic english that’s fed to you in this latest Comms just shows it.

3 Likes

Nothing about leavers, so you probably shouldn’t assume what you don’t know.

You’re doing a superb job of misrepresenting the facts and taking sentences out of context. Applause for that.

You really are struggling tonight aren’t you.

Here, you will see that I said “Loss”, not “Leavers”.
Even with the leavers part, I detailed (therefore more likely a match loss).

Hopefully the little quotes will make it easier for you to take in what you’re reading perhaps. So please, read slowly, try and keep calm.

2 Likes

Good to see that guy has finally given up harassing people on the forum… Hopefully he’s doing something a bit more productive nowadays…

2 Likes

How’s your discord hulk. Managed to learn CPR yet?

It’s the same person, but has been suspended (shock) or banned and claiming he’s not been. He provides many claims and is unable to back them up. (Compulsive liar comes to mind) He goes on about people “Spreading misinformation” (as he keeps mentioning) but keeps doing so himself.

Even “Hulk” can confirm his discord name was “Nightwing”, but changed it since we brought it up on forums and he’s pretending it’s not him. He’s “away” yet can’t simply sign in on his RodimusPrime account, shock horror. He’s not the brightest spark at all, and when you try to reason with him, he escalates in continuous repetitive arguments as you’re aware of. This kind of behaviour is what gets him in trouble, but he never learns lol.

Best to just avoid him, otherwise it’ll be an endless discussion where he needs the last word.

(Imagine being away but still plays OW a lot but unable to sign in and post as RodimusPrime lol)

1 Like

I can confirm that. Changed it for discord server pugs and scrims to it matched my account.

But you make up your own stories. You are just a toxic, harassing liar at this point. Your deep obsession is worrying Versorius.

Imagine being in a hotel with amazing WiFi and a decent laptop. Shocking.

Indeed, caught him out many times.
He has never provided sources to his claims on knowledge :smiley:

Disagree with this comment @Wolfebear, you sir are a good gent!
I will only agree, with proof :wink: fat chance of that ever being provided.

1 Like

So you confirm to being Nightwing on discord but deny being Nightwing on here, even though you appear right after “Nightwing” stops posting, ohh what a coincidence :joy: :sweat_smile:

I’m sure many have, it’s not hard to notice. :wink:

Harassing? You mean what you do to me most times I post on a thread, ironic. But because I’m not stupid and know who you truly are, you throw all kinds accusations and insults at me lol.

Enjoy your “Hotel room with amazing Wifi”, because I highly doubt that’s the case. I mean who would spend most their time trolling OW forums and playing OW while in a hotel… :joy: :man_facepalming:

But hey, you claimed many times you don’t know who “Nightwing” is, but yet admitted to it being your Discord account name. What is wrong with you, I’m quite worried.

That is correct.

Because you know, 2 people can use the same name. In fact there are loads of Nightwings in OW.

I did enjoy it. Was an amazing experience working at the world cup. Shame it was in Qatar tough.

Yeah of course. Appeared straight after “he” vanished. Types like him, trolls like him. Some major coincidence there, I guess so many call themselves Nightwing and are forum regulars. :joy: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

You see what you want to see. I’ve not lied to you.

After that it’s up to you. Just maybe, try looking less like an obsessive stalker and just stick to game topics.

You can readd if you want to make this personal.

Cool story bro. You’ve lied countless amounts of times.

But keep on being delusional and lying to yourself. The evidence is there, the smart people will notice. Have fun “Roku”.

Match-maker is poor.

1 Like

You’ve accused me of lying, that’s not the same.

Answer my question from the other day then. How is the match maker poor. What is it doing in your games so make you think it is “poor” that it isn’t doing in mine.

https: //i. ibb .co/bXgTf9r/blizz-balance.png

(Blizz won’t let me share a link or a image. Kinda bad rule for a forum)

Sure thing. Working wonderfully.
On the chat he’s saying “I don’t even have rank yet”. I was Plat something, my friend were high Gold if I remember correctly. I had a LOT of matches like that.