Overwatch 2 Developer Blog: Explaining matchmaker goals and plans, part 2

Overwatch 2 Developer Blog: Explaining matchmaker goals and plans, part 2

We’re back for part 2 of our matchmaker series to talk about matchmaker in competitive and future plans!

View Full Article

2 Likes

Interesting. So we’ve been told it that we rank up based on performance yet the following text suggests otherwise. The Win/Lose is the factor here:

Q: So you don’t take the number of eliminations, damage dealt, healing provided, or any other scoreboard stats to adjust my MMR after each match?
A: In Overwatch 2, your MMR adjustment after every match is not impacted by your performance in each match (regardless of your skill tier). This is for a few reasons. We don’t want players to be focused on doing things other than trying to focus on the objectives and win the match. Dealing the most damage or getting kills won’t help your team if your actions don’t help them push the payload or capture a control point. Also, for some heroes, especially those in the support role, it can be challenging to determine if the numbers they produce reflect their skill.

Ie… the old on fire rating was the best way to determine who was doing “good”, and stats out of context are meaningless (wonder where I’ve heard that before)

I think the problem here is performance is relevant, people just don’t know what a good performance actually is.

But it is good to see them answer all the mad theories people come up with. Winner/Loser queues, forced win rates… So hopefully forumites will stop spreading that utter nonsense.

The FAQ part is just the devs flaming those players and it is hilarious to see.

It’s nice to see them fire down the stupid accusations :smiley:

Goodnight. So, it is interesting to be able to have this data in the future. It’s a pity that since day 1 I don’t have my correct profile. Unfortunately, I bought Overwatch 1 for PC, PS4 and XBOX series s and now I don’t even know how many hours I have with the characters and they won’t admit that they lost my data. I’ve been begging them to reset my profile for months. That I can start over from scratch and have real data from now on. But I don’t even have that. It’s great to have more data, when I’ll continue without any. Thanks for listening.