Matchmaking update: Season three retrospective and future plans

Matchmaking update: Season three retrospective and future plans

Matchmaking continues to be a high priority for our team as we move our way into season four.

View Full Article

1 Like

Have you guys finally admitted the match making is broken and actually makes the game incredibly not fun to play? I want to like this game so badly. But you have to admit to your players that its an issue and not gaslight us into thinking its not.

And could you also say something about the accounts falsely accused of hacking which we are getting banned day after day? That cheaters are expelled seems correct to me, another thing is when people who do not use anything are banned, and because of matchmaking I play in quick game with lower level people and they report you because they think you are using cheats. Every day we are more and many of us are not going to allow us to be like this just because you have decided, back in the day I paid for the game, battle passes etc… I will not stop until you say something other than automated responses in appeals of account.

Why would they. It isn’t. I just needs fine tuning.

1 Like

roku this makes zero sense…

‘‘skill tier and division adjust after every 5 wins or 15 losses/ties’’

playing 30/34 matches in 1 day just to get hardstuck on gold rank 2 only because i lost 3 times before winning 5 matches is kinda stupid. you know that right?

1 Like

You know that’s exactly how it’s always been.

If you go 5-3 you’ve gained at best 50sr. So if you were at the bottom of that rank, you’d need to go 5-3 at least twice to rank up. Possibly even a 3rd time if you’re not gaining as much in victory as you lose in defeat (ie you’re a bit too high for your MMR)

i did this 3 or 4 times with 3 or 4 losses.

the mmr made zero adjustments. zero impact.

it stayed at gold rank 2 with no major change.

The MMR doesn’t adjust your rank, just adjusts what you gain or lose.

Everything still revolves around 25 SR per match. If your MMR is lower than your visible rank, you’ll gain less than 25 in a win and lose more than that in defeat.

So you aren’t stuck. You just need to improve your MMR, if you’re going if you’re losing 3 or more games with ever 5 wins. You shouldn’t expect to climb fast, or even climb much at all.

If you can’t consistently carry and roll games in the rank you’re in, you’re in the right rank.

there is a difference between performing good and overperforming. you know this right? why do you and/or anyone else automatically go by default that its always the person thats complaining? some of us have been playing this game for years and have gained alot of experience over the years. to always respond with: well you have to ‘‘carry’’ games or ‘‘improve yourself’’ is not going to cut it anymore roku.

this matchmaking sucks. stop being in denial.

So you’d rather the game just handed you free climbing?

If you climb and don’t improve, at some point you’ll get utterly destroyed and then blame the match maker again… When the issue was you being boosted beyond your current ability.

Sadly, if you want to climb, the problem will always be you. When you accept this you can either
A. Take responsibility, improve, grind and climb.
or
B. Chill out, play it as a casual game and just enjoy the time you play.

Sadly if you aren’t clearly and consistently destroying your opponents (or being destroyed by them on the reverse), you’re in the right rank and the match maker is doing ok.