Director's Take - A continued look at Lifeweaver

Director's Take - A continued look at Lifeweaver

Aaron Keller continues to explore into the development of Lifeweaver and how he grows in the Overwatch 2 metagame

View Full Article

2 Likes

You guys continue to expect people to pay for heroes* and the second one is already causing this many issues? What is going on over there? Your team was (probably) forces to release OW2 early before it qas fully done cooking, I’m sure everyone who isn’t the most diehard of Blizzard fans knows this. But how long is it going to take before the franchise gets back into being something worth investing in? When will I be able to say that I enjoy Overwatch again? I know most of the game’s issues can be attributed to the suits upstairs who care more about the whales over the game’s less-than-good reputation (1.9 stars out of 5 from audience reviews btw) but man. I just want to play the game like I used to be able to without constantly getting asked for my credit card information because at this stage it’s still very much not worth it.

*yes you can grind for heroes but considering how many hours it takes for both the battlepass and post-season challenge it’s extremely clear that blizz expects most people to take the shortcut and pay

1 Like

So… lifeweaver needs a bigger change.
Either reduce the time for healing charge up, or change his heal all together.
I recommend changing it all together.
I seriously think that it would be better if a single click heals 15-20% dmg and holding down the click for healing does 30-40%.
If it could still heal the 15-20% dmg but allow it to be a multiple targeted heal. Like if you charge it up to 65 and release it should heal the 3 closest people in your field of view.
This seems like the best change possible-
Also, since he has limited movement, give him the kick knock back like Zen has.

The super, his tree of life, also needs a reduced time to heal. As it sits now, in between the pulses of healing you can be killed very quickly.

Also, the lift needs to fixed, when thrown at a wall it doesn’t go up at all. It just gets stuck on the ground.

• alone with that you should be able to hold down the button to be able to aim where to throw it.

The saving grab should also give a 10-20% barrier as you cannot instantly heal, if you grab someone at a pinch of life and they are stopped and cannot move until they are released once the barrier drops you are still a one shot.

I strongly thing the multiple target heal when charged up would make this player a much better healer and be played much more by others.

I know the devs probably won’t see this, but here’s my two cents anyway.

The time it takes to charge a heal is too long.
If you revert the healing ammo back to where it was but make it faster to charge up to max, it will make it easier to make a difference.

Alternatively, add a bit more distance into his dash so he covers a bit more ground when using it.

doesnt need dash changes , i like may others who have played lifeweaver for a fari few hours are sitting at around 3.1 death rate , this is due to flower / dash and his range on healing which allows him to stay far away from battle but still do something ,

lower charge on heal and more ammo would be the changes i would try next , also as another poster mentioned a lip on his flower so u have to jump to get off as too many times players fall off , even myself have fallen off when not intending too ,

Mostly the distance to the dash would be to have more mobility to get away from most flankers. That’s the only reason i would like it.

A small edge on the flower would be nice though, too many times a lifeweaver has tried to give me a better positioning in the middle of action only for me to slide off because i was in the middle of dodging bullets.

I had a great QP game last night with WL, won Nepal 2-0 with 1 death and 11,888 healing done. I don’t think his healing is the issue, since the buff I’ve felt better able to respond to burst damage, provided my target doesn’t wander mindlessly back into the source of damage (happens often).

I agree that adding to his abilities and damage should be the focus of any further changes. The reload speed nerf to his secondary fire that came with the control changes feels really bad, I don’t think it was necessary.

More control over the Petal Platform would be nice - targeted deployment like Symmetra’s Teleporter for one would be nice, and the ability to trigger it to rise and stop at a given height could greatly improve its utility for repositioning the whole team and prevent it from being accidentally triggered.

Same for Life Grip. More control, perhaps in the form of a cancel, and maybe a brief extension of the damage immunity after landing to help counter the disorientation of the teammate being pulled.

I think the dash is fine now. If used in conjuction with petal platform, its travel distance is quite effective as a disengage.

I say make his dash the same time limit as hanzos.

His damage could use 2 or 3 more damage points, ao rather than 5 per bullet, it be like 7 or 8 per bullet.

His healing is optimal, but if the damage isnt increased, i recommend a higher healing rate. Either a faster charge or just a small buff to the heal.

None of tbis is too crazy. They could also just be good standalone buffs.