Celebrate Pride in Overwatch 2

Celebrate Pride in Overwatch 2

Pride is coming to Overwatch 2 beginning June 1!

View Full Article

3 Likes

One thing we have heard from both players and Overwatch team members alike is that seeing themselves in the game over the years has helped them find the strength and courage to show the world who they are.

I’ve never felt or understood this need to be represented in media.

I play games not to see myself in the game or to be represented by the game but to play someone entirely different.

But I’m glad for the people that this event helps to be proud of themselves.

I implore the Overwatch Development team to refocus their efforts on making a fun game first and foremost.

“Representation” should never be the priority in my opinion.

10 Likes

I would have liked it to be a bigger update I’m kinda bored and was banking on this. Like a lazy recolour to grind for but you kinda get everything instantly icons look really cheesy won’t be running them but the banners look actually really good

And while on the topic is LW and bap a confened* couple cause they can be seen flirting often.

Like the look of the new midtown.

This update 5.1/10

1 Like

Pride? What pride?

It’s Jurassic June where I’m stationed at.

3 Likes

so you made this instead of pve?

2 Likes

They made this instead of putting in a functional group finder system like LFG…

You know an essential feature for a game based on teamwork.

:pouting_cat: :-1:

4 Likes

Pve is still coming in season 6.

Its nice that they interact with the community once in a while. Still don’t like the idea of a pride event after PvE cancelation. Not hating on the event just I’m just afraid the game will get more hate. I still love playing this game. Please revive PvE.

Please Blizzard don’t change Mercy. Mercy is a perfect character as she is now. Please don’t ruin our favorite Swiss Healer hero.

2 Likes

Let’s gooo

1 Like

Pve missions and story will happen from season 6 onwards.

Only extra systems in the pve got cancelled

Bad event, rather than making something that everyone likes you try to force ideals which are insulting to many people and it is only a group of specific individuals that like and support it.

Removing parts of your PVE system (which was decided a year and a half ago but you kept it to yourselves) that we were all anticipating and excited about and waited patiently for, just to mislead our trust and removing for making money.

No celebration for this event nor your ideals keep them to your self the rest of us are living fine without them.

5 Likes

A few things.

OW doing something pride related has been in the works for near 3 years, and pride month is always June. This narrative of a distraction seems a little lazy.

PvE not cancelled.

The changes to PvE are rubbish, pride event is great. These aren’t mutually exclusive things and can both be true.

On a lighter note though, this made me laugh. I didn’t realise people could be so wrong lol

Celebrate what? Celebrate where? It is unavailable.

It didn’t
They just binned off a part of it. Still sucks, but better to be accurate.

What?

I think it’s clear what was said.

American companies should stop trying to import divisive ideologies to the rest of the world.

6 Likes

Trying to go up to children to talk to them about homosexuality is not normal.

If straight people talked about heterosexuality to children, they’d be thrown into prison without hesitation.

Stay away from children you freak.

6 Likes

Is someone offended about sexuality? Or does it make you uncomfortable…

Did you not do sex ed at school?? Heterosexuality is well cater for in schools. But teaching people that other things are normal and answering the questions kids have in an open and honest manner is how we teach them to be better than us.

1 Like

You talk like someone who saw the new laws being passed in The Sunshine State and decided that it was a personal attack, even though everyone knows who they were actually directed towards.

4 Likes

Yeah, those laws are pretty scummy. But it’s Florida and Ron De Santis.

Backwards person, in a backwards state in a backwards country.

Yeah, they were directed at attacking people he didn’t like.

This is a man who deliberately mispronounced things on dates to see if he’d be corrected. Ditching them if they corrected him because he never wants to be told he’s wrong. He isn’t all there.

Either you are really stupid that you don’t know what you are talking about, or you aren’t even hiding the fact that you want to go after children.

Be buried under a prison.

5 Likes