Introducing our most exciting season yet... Overwatch 2: Invasion

Introducing our most exciting season yet... Overwatch 2: Invasion

Overwatch 2's biggest playable drop yet: Story Missions, a new core PVP game mode, a new hero, and more is coming August 10.

View Full Article

1 Like

So…Wait… you want us to PAY extra for the lesser than the promised PVE content when the missions, I had the impression, were the reasoning behind the seasonal pass costs and were going to be a part of that.

Or is this a way to continue to play beyond the season they are introduced?

Are we missing something, cause, this feels “Gatcha game”-esque

3 Likes

It looks like the $15 gets you permanent access to the content past that season. If you dont buy the bundle, those missions will go away once the event is over. Thats how i read it.

2 Likes

yeah… still not going to spend a penny on this.

6 Likes

Sorry, but at this point you’re conning us out of our money. Stop being greedy and listen to your community.

4 Likes

Don’t worry, knowing that this PvE mission announcement fell over like a complete lead balloon, they’ll make McCree homosexual.

2 Likes

Because big strong Russian Musclemommies are forbidden.

2 Likes

I feel like you are doing everything to discourage rather than entice players. Your greed can cost you part of the gaming community. And I, as a regular OW player for many years, am also thinking about it. It’s no longer the old Blizzard that made games primarily for players and not just for money.

4 Likes

Well to be fair. we have been funding their organization for a very long time if you count back to wow being classic to dragonflight.

if you scratch the numbers backwards then technically: yes, thats how we made blizzard rich.

1 Like

I’ll be the first to say it.

Back when Blizzard had the image of a “Boys club”, they made far better games.

2 Likes

You are completely out of touch.

2 Likes

Hey, the season 5 announcement says “If you have an Amazon Prime or Prime Video account, you can log onto Prime Gaming and claim fun new rewards throughout the season. Starting today through July 10, you can get a head start in the Season 5 Battle Pass by claiming five-tier skips.”
But when I go into Prime Gaming, it’s not there… I can see the one that expired in May… so how can I get these skips?

1 Like

This could possibly be true, if you buy it. So don’t

Also, they literally told everyone this would be the case in 2019 when they said they’d be applying the CoD model to more games. It’s a bit late to be angry with it, so best option is to just not pay, play it for free and wave goodbye when it vanishes.

New PvP core mode sounds good .also do I see the new hero picture at the bottom of the article ? As this looks nothing like current heroes available in game

The mode will be somewhat similar to capture point maps, but with several points per map.

And yes, that does seem to be a teaser image of the new support hero.

If i had the option of purchasing just the missions, but no if i want to partake in the pve, it’s a £15 pack.

no thanks, uninstalled the day they announced the pve missions would be with a pack rather than being able to purchase access to the pve content alone.

wont be reinstalling.

2 Likes

They promise one thing then back out on it! Only for cashing in reasons. They need to stop this route before putting more people off the game. It’s pure greed!

3 Likes

There is yet to be hard evidence that ypu must purchase the levels. (Unless you want to keep them after the season ends)

They will be doing a dev talk about the season on the 21st i think, so we’ll know more then.

The content was promised but with a price as far I remember, so if you buy the game for 40 euros, PVE Content would be free, if not you will have additional to pay for it. Sorted.

6v6 mode when…something something 20 characters limit something