Director’s Take – The next chapter in the story

Director’s Take – The next chapter in the story

Overwatch 2 Creative Director Jeff Chamberlain shares what is coming up for Overwatch's story and how it is moving forward.

View Full Article

2 Likes

I’m really happy to see progression in the lore of the game. This needs to be explored more and actually the shorts that recently released are amazing. Keep up the fantastic work!

(and please bring back OW1 as a separate standalone client if possible)

:smirk_cat:

3 Likes

Besides the smaller thing like the hero missions the PVE is looking really good.
Btw you should bring Overwatch 1 back, you would profit from it, just sell it again for the 60 bucks and separate it from overwatch 2, I am pretty sure that if the 2 games are not connected in no way it would not affect overwatch 2 sales since everyone knows what to expect from the battle pass and the shop now, and you could just run the same events over and over again so it wouldn’t take so much of the devs time. We would really like to be able to hop on ow1 whenever we want and hop on ow2 whenever we want.

Overwatch 1 is past, I don’t need Jeff Kaplan and his smurfs no hard feelings, I am just honest. The balance was 0 at Overwatch 1.

1 Like

Oh I wish. I wish I had your enthusiasm, my friend.

We gotta keep positive man and never give up.
They brought WOW classic back why can’t they do the same with overwatch specially now that Microsoft is buying Activision blizzard

1 Like

Overwatch story is like how WoW story used to be but on steroids.

All the story is in books twitter or basicly anywhere in game. I mean, where is the story in the game itself besides a 10 seconds conversation between characters at the start of every round

What other lore is a player like me supposed to find?

Funny talking monkey, cyber ninja goes brrrrrr, everyone likes widowmakers rear end? Thats about how much the game tells me about the story

to be fair thats because modern wow is very different compared to classic wow. While overwatch 1 was indeed better it has only some minor changes so far. Until the pve mode comes out its basicy just a major patch