Director’s Take – Looking Beyond Overwatch 2: Invasion

Director’s Take – Looking Beyond Overwatch 2: Invasion

Game Director Aaron Keller is back with a retrospective to the Overwatch 2: Invasion launch and shares a glimpse into the future of the game.

View Full Article

2 Likes

Our goal with Overwatch 2 has been to make the game more accessible than ever for more people than ever before.

Put the game on GFN and other cloud gaming services!

No-one cares. Fix the MMR already!

1 Like

“being review-bombed isn’t a fun experience”

the audacity of these people befuddles me. not only by shrugging it off by calling it “review-bombing”, but trying to play the victim card? are you mental???

5 Likes

I thought this! Made me laugh when I read it, Blizzard can’t even acknowledge their own faults! They’re deeply in denial and not listening to the playerbase, and keep making the game much worse. How will they ever improve if they just keep ignoring the public.

The game’s in complete shambles. They need to take responsibility and fix their game, otherwise they’ll lose even more of the playerbase.

1 Like

then what can we do? […] more maps, heroes, game modes, missions, stories, events, cool cosmetics, and features

Tell the greedy corporate overlords the fans will love your next $20 skin, I bet the next battle pass will be really well received!!

1 Like

I would love to know where these Core Players are, and what channel they used to share their feedback.

Looks like he totally misunderstood what the Reviews signify on Steam. This is not a bombing, this is a genuine forum where players can share their opinions, feedback, thoughts, dislikes, likes, without any repercussions, selective deletions, or temporary bans.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that Overwatch team is preparing to do It! <3

Hopefully they bring the game to Mac users!

Game already runs well through translation so imagine how well a native port could work!

:smirk_cat:

1 Like

This isn’t review bombing. This how user genuinely felt about OW2 experience. I get higher-up sucks at Blizzard, but you devs are also completly incompetent. You keep delaying rework of Sombra, Roadhog, and other hero ever since the game launch. That is not higher-up could control, that is completely devs fault. This is combination of incompetent devs and greedy higher-up. Review bombing in general happens when game devs or users for saying political stuff, this ain’t one of them. Fix the damn game, and make overwatch 1 available, and release ow2 when it is actually good.

6 Likes

the forums were just as negative about the game before it even launched on steam. And people who complained about this stuff often found themselves with a ban. So they reall do have nerves of steel claiming its review bombing instead of the right ratings for a bad product

4 Likes

Love the game! I’ll keep on playing to the end. Pls Keep bringing content.

No publicity is bad.

1 Like

Matchmaking is trash, players leaving competitive games, players trolling and trashing the game and the rank system has no logic at all! Stop adding new features but fix the problems first. Probarely there are people working with zero intention to fix this game, but what they do like to work on is giving players like me an account action warning for spamming them with facts they cant solve. Also silenced me for abusive chat. Why? Because I am text chatting about the trolls in my games while they are on a 2 tot 12 stats. Good job Blizzard. Let just bring in more of these useless players trashing our games and having no idea how this game works.

1 Like

Let me guess, the 2/12 player was a support and the enemy team had a flanker with 30/1 stats.

Try looking after your team, especially if you play dps.
Because there is only 1 tank per team it falls onto damage players to take care of flankers and keep an eye on side routes so the enemy doesn’t delete your whole team from behind.

I know how the game works! This had nothing to do with helping people. How are u suposed to help a teammate of they run in 1v5. That is what in about 90% of the games happens.

All you can do at that point is spam “group up” and wait for them to respawn.

(Nowhere in your post did you state that they were feeding, sorry about assuming)

Actually, some games are very unevenly matched. Last game my team was absolute trash in comparison to the enemy team. I even outhealed every healer including the enemy team by thousands. Supports can’t carry the game alone… It’s unfair how it affects our rank because of people in your team. In a game right now and the difference between each team is HUGE.

In this reply’s case the discussion was about a single player having those stats.

I am well aware that sometimes there are games where everyone in one team has +20 elims and the other team barely has 10 or less when put together.

As long as these happen, i’m not playing comp.

My game just ended. Enemy team had over 30 kills each. My team had 4 and 5 kills. I’m getting punished for insanely bad match making. Also a doom tank that dives into a group of enemies alone the whole game.

I’m so done.

Now a leaver lol. Great game…

1 Like