Director’s Take – A Designer’s Journey into Sombra’s Rework

Director’s Take – A Designer’s Journey into Sombra’s Rework

Andre Abrahamian from Hero Design breaks down Sombra’s new kit and gameplay in the Latest Director’s Take

View Full Article

I like that the translocator can’t be used as a map wide retreat anymore. (Perhaps because i never remembered to leave one behind again after teleporting.)

For those who didn’t feel like reading, the translocator automatically activates after 2,5 seconds from throwing or when it hits the ground.

Hack invisibility is the same as it used to be. You start hacking and you’re visible again.

The invisibility is something that we’ll see how it’ll work. It automatically starts as a passive ability if you haven’t been damaged or done damage for 3,5 seconds.
The speed boost of invisibility os only 45%, down from 60%.

Can’t wait to try this all out

After trying her new kit I have to say it is a refreshing change. The playstyle is far more dynamic and mobility based rather than the rinse and repeat style before. Finally something to enjoy without being one shot by a sniper hiding way in the back and makes fights less attritional.

Old sombra was way easier to deal with coming out of invisibility. She melts supports now.

You just need to be aware of your surroundings. Old sombra was perma-invisible and a pain.
I have a feeling the devs will adjust the virus damage but other than that she’s pretty okay.