Director’s Take: Addressing Unapproved Peripherals on Consoles

Director’s Take: Addressing Unapproved Peripherals on Consoles

This week’s Director’s Take addresses playing fair on console platforms.

View Full Article

1 Like

This is such a huge win for console gamers!

Nice!

Great to know that console MKB might be supported natively/officially in the future (with separated pools by input methods and aim assist disabled)!

The Future of Mouse and Keyboard for Console

We recognize that many players use unapproved peripherals to enable input devices they simply prefer overall. So, we have started discussing whether we can add official mouse-and-keyboard support to consoles in a way that doesn’t give these players an unfair advantage over their controller counterparts. Right now, for Competitive, console players play in a separate pool from PC. So, in order to allow console players who would like to use a mouse and keyboard legitimately, we would make sure they would be able to play in Competitive matches only with other mouse-and-keyboard users and without the benefit of aim assist.

:partying_face:

Matching based in input method… I’ve seen someone mention that a few times on here.

Smart idea.

2 Likes

So that means we have a higher chance of playing ow2 using KBM in the upcoming seasons? I can’t believe this because I’ve uploaded a suggestion and after 11 months here it is.

1 Like