5 Wins / 15 Losses is SO STUPID!

Sitting at 4-9 RN, I know I’m going to De-Rank, BUT THERE’S NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT EXCEPT SUFFER THE ANTICIPATION OF WASTING 5 HOURS OF GAME TIME!

IDC IF YOU BAN THIS ACCOUNT, BLIZZARD, FIX YOUR DAMN GAME YOU IMBECILES! SEND THIS MESSAGE TO THE GAME DESIGNERS!

1 Like

Been asking for the old SR system since the release of this game. The system was clear, you knew where you were between the tiers, you know how much SR you have gained or lost.

Instead, we’re given minimal information that mean nothing to us, personally I think they’re holding back this information as there are underlying bugs. I have raised issues around this that have not been reviewed as of yet.

Better yet, just give us the old OW back.

3 Likes

They are going to change the system to give us more information in the future, don’t know when though.

Once I got demoted from Gold 4 to Gold 5 after 5-0. 5 victories in a row with 0 defeat. And I got demoted. I’m not lying. This sistem simply doesn’t work. People ask for a change but they don’t care.

2 Likes

This has been addressed by the devs in a recent communication, in a thread where i’m quoting this from.

They may care, but their inability, and their incompetence is restricting them from being able to do anything about it. They’re so far from reality that they read “Negative” reviews as review bombing, rather than anything critical - hence why

They released OW2 which was broken and inbalanced, stripped of functionality, and slow UX, and shut down what was a really solid, well made game.

2 Likes

MMR is different to SR.
MMR Decay should not affect the SR value.

Even if it shouldn’t, that is how it is working.

If you haven’t played in a year, your placements will be lower. As they should with the decay.

Sadly the decay kicks in faster than that.

So what i’ve understood from the mmr decay issue is that you have to play at least one match on all roles if you want your placements to be accurate. (At least until the system is changed)

Man, can’t believe they’re still having this severe basic bugs in the game 1 year after release if what you’re saying is true. They must really struggle in getting competent resource on the OW project. Spent 4 years developing PVE and forgot about the fundementals :clown_face: - they also forgot to make PVE good.

2 Likes

This is why I barely play now. I haven’t done so in a while. The system is pure trash and needs going back to their old SR system. Blizzard will never get the MMR issue fixed.

you might think that the odds are in your favor when you see you only need to win 5 times to get promoted but that is a the joke they made in competitive.

chances of being demoted has a way bigger percentage than being promoted because they dont know how to improve there matchmaking.

blizzard will often show from time and time again that they have fixed the matchmaking of overwatch but this is just so they can have more playable matches in a year which is all they care about.

1 Like

Yeah, if it was really Even, it’d be 5 Wins, 5 Losses, right? Or how about 5 Matches in Total? 5-15 is just SO Stupid!

1 Like

5 matches in total sounds nice, but it might move closer to 7 matches total if they shift towards that.

It would feel more fair at least, not having to sit at 4-9 and pray for a good game.

1 Like

Placements are a stupid idea.
The original SR system was great, instant feedback, you know where you are, and Blizzard can’t hide defects.

The visuals of the SR value decrease/increase, and the actual rank at the end (either static, promotion, or demotion) visuals were great also.

2 Likes

I, too, liked the SR system. It took some doing to go up, but it was better. You’d get more SR for playing well, which was also a bonus.

1 Like

-That’s not nice, after all that Blizzard Activision did for us, you’re talking like that, please fix your language.

Until recently?
Cancelled development or even acknowledgement of OW over 2 years before they shut it down. Then took it away from us. Then delivered this inferior game with less features than the previous.

Lets not forget the lies regarding PVE and their waste of resources over 4 years.

3 Likes

I agree, but I think they were being sarcastic.

is that reason for this:

I don’t think so.

Well, with their complete inability to fix their games, it’s about to cause some stress for their player-base. I personally don’t blame him for his response. It just shows how people find this game, stressful.

1 Like