A Neckbeard's Apology

Dear Blizzard,

I’m an old neckbeard, I’ve been playing your titles since Diablo I (1996), sometimes buying multiple copies for my friends to play along as well. Diablo II, Warcraft, Warcraft II, Starcraft etc… the list goes on and on.

Considering recent events involving Blitzchung, I will never purchase a Blizzard game ever again. Nor will I continue to play any games I’ve already purchased.

There has been plenty of time for Blizzard to muster a public statement regarding this that adequately explains severity of his punishment. Your silence is a statement in itself.

I’m not apologizing to you per say, I’m apologizing to the people that made this company what it is today. I’m sure they are more deeply wounded by your actions than I am. It is sad to see over twenty years later what this company has become.

Sincerely,
A disappointed Neckbeard

5 Likes

They’ve shown their true colors, when they could have taken this opportunity to stand with the people of HK and encourage all nations to treat their people fairly and justly. Instead they ban the kid for a year and withhold any winnings, opting to protect profits instead, and who can blame them at this point.

I understand TOS and how politics shouldn’t be mixed with gaming, but they handled this very poorly.

2 Likes

u know they are an bilionare company,they will dont fell your money lost

News flash Einstein, there’s actually more than one person who will stop buying Blizzard products because of this.

Now why don’t you remind us all of the TOS like the other Blizzard fanboys on this forum.

3 Likes

I’m a physicist so, calling me Einstein is quite the compliment… thank you not sure I deserve it though. Always been partial to Dirac myself though.

Anyway, so many people tried to cancel their WoW subscriptions in the last 48 hours, the Blizzard servers couldn’t handle the number of requests.

When I say delete their account, I mean ALL PERSONAL DATA ALL GAME DATA, hundreds if not thousands of hours per account… as in they’re NEVER playing again.

Robert Kotick received approximately [US$])3.2 million in salary, benefits, options and incentives for his work with Activision Blizzard, of which $953,654 was his actual salary.[[7]] By 2013, Kotick was the second-highest compensated CEO in the United States, earning $64.9 million, mostly in stock.

Ok so after knowing the salaries at Blizz I can say kotick makes 580x more than the average blizz employee not just 130x how sick that is talking of corporate greed. I mean at all my last companies I know everyones salary and the CEO was making 4-5 times more than me and I would say that is correct.

They did. They said he broke their rules. They even stated - in full - the rule that he broke. Within the rule lies an outline of the punishments that will be given; their reward money revoked and they’d be suspended from the Grandmaster programme.

So, basically, Blizzard did exactly what they said they would do if someone were to ever do exactly what Blitzchung did.

Not sure where the uncertainty is. The exact repurcussions of his actions was laid out for him in the ToS which he agreed to.