Add the possiblity to play a free role ranked Q

Hello. my title says it all. I would like to gather ranked points in a queue with freedom over choice of roles.

Take this seriously, i am not the only one that wants this.

*long term OW is going to lose players to games that offer role freedom.

6 Likes

Separate mode - longer queues.

4 Likes

you realize that role queue added significant waiting time for a match. it went from “literally” instant pop [1-2 min] to (i speak for dps) [10-35min]!

it is not plausible to talk about a “longer queue time” right now. because this is what the role queue has brought. a longer queue time!

people that want to wait for a 2 2 2 combination are free to do so, but why are those who dont want a 2 2 2 combination forced to wait for it?

3 Likes

Already stopped playing due to Q times. Not coming back until I can get game within 5 min as DPS.

Problem is if you make a separate free mode, 99% players here will be DPS mains tired of waiting 20 min for a game.

Instead, why not make role Q that builds comps based on current ammount of players queuing individual roles. Like if there is too much DPS players just make 3-2-1 or even 4-1-1 for BOTH teams (the comp would always be mirrored for both teams). That way the game would be balanced in the end (no 5 DPS vs 2-2-2) and it comes down to skill as it should.

4 Likes

why is this the problem? i think its a good and healthy sign. People like to play dps and carry with damage skills. instead of locking a team composition, they have to add mechanics to counter or help these situations. this is what i understand of good developers that care for their playerbase. They never cut you down, instead they lift you up and empower the playstyle EVERY gamer choses to use.

I like your idea of that adaptive role q compositions. what i could also see is a Vote system. Basically it should give every player in match the oppurtunity to vote what composition they like most. We would have the fast Q and the option to play 2 2 2 (safe) if every player votes for it OR to play a different composition mirrored. That way every person gets to chose and gets the feeling of equality and transparency. It would fit into 2020 a lot better, than this freedom cutting development, overwatch choses to use at this point of time And of course players are gettin more and more annoyed by a system, that clearly, is gettin into focus (with the tragedy happening all over the world, powerful governments are trying to cut down free people, people that chose to be different by own will).
Online gaming and competitive gaming should never be as desillusional as it is at this point. People In REAL LIfe are dying because of rules from mighty governments.
Overwatch is thematizing a free society that fights against criminal actions and criminal governments. So please think back to your basics and stop forcing people into a system, that never worked and is only serving to generate more problems.

Ye, I don’t see why it can’t be a permanent game mode in the Arcade.

Im wondering if anyone from blizzard side is caring about this…

maybe i should just visit smite or paladins…

Prob not, i think role q has more good thing than bad things, but blizz is gonna put his last eggs on same basket called OW 2. That will save, or destroy this game finally. So there really isnt any reason for blizz to do anything about this game (OW 1) anymore.

1 Like

why is it more good then bad? can you explain and give reasonable arguments?

1 Like

2-2-2 makes sure you have tanks and supports. Without it, there is going to be 2 options: a) 4-5 dps players in every match and none of them will change heroes even if it would mean sure win, b) goats which is is really hard to counter, specially after some healer buffs, like Lucios. Which is one good reason for role q lock to stay, easier for devs to balance heroes and maps this way. So i think that is bigger plus than minus which comes from role q waiting time.

2 Likes

sorry, but this is not an awsner with deeper understanding.

if you think this solves the problem, fine, but im not willing to be okay with these changes. its taking more possiblity away than its giving. they need to revert the changes , or they lose a huge amount of players. (and im sure they allready did, thank god for dota 2 and fast queue)

1 Like

Sorry to hear you feel that way, perhaps in future you are wise enough to see how this is better for everyone. Until that, best luck for your growing

ignorance at its finest. keep your luck, you will need it.

1 Like

Dividing the plyerbase will result in longer qs

1 Like

Just make it random.
You Q for comp, the game randomly lock people into dps, heal or tank :smiley:

No, your topic and posts are ignorance at it’s finest.

You’re not getting a RQ-free competitive. Either join the queues or enjoy QPC.

yeah comp classic would be great, I would play it.

longer queues? No its shorter queues for the rq, as only evil DPS would go there for 6 DPS on 6 DPS madness.

You wouldn’t mind evil DPS finally leaving for good and freeing up valuable space for true competitive, rq loving players in the DPS queue, would you?

I’ll love when you’re gone from the forums and game for good.

Oh wait, you already left the game according to you, unless like many things, you’re lieing about that too?