African Servers

Reasoning around this topic has proven in the past to be pointless. I’m from South Africa so that must mean I’m using dial-up internet right? This is the common consensus throughout a large portion of the community and quite frankly, the bias against this part of the world is disgusting. It is absolutely appalling to live in a country with more-than-adequate infrastructure and still not be ‘worth the time’ to even get a reply from the devs. We have our own scrims because it seems somehow impossible for some servers to be hosted through our data centres or provide the facilities to use peer-to-peer connections, we had our own OWWC team that hasn’t been recognised, and this continent is routinely excluded from any events or tournaments. The game has been out for a number of years, it’s about time that all regions were treated equally. A server region update alongside OW2 would also be an acceptable course of action. At this point, ANY response to the topic could be considered a good response.

If you have anything to add/detract from this, please do so. Myself and many of my peers are bitter about the situation, but that should not dissuade us from having a civil conversation.

you’re right.
africa isn’t being considered at all.
the reason why i could only guess is that OW is american centric to the point of exclusion.

And the player numbers in SA don’t justify the expense (as harsh as it sounds).

1 Like