After 1 year, why are people complaining about orisa now?

I get it goats didn’t use orisa. But wasn’t goats a gm thing?

what changed in the lower ranks that made everyone cry about orisa now? after 1 year or seeing people asking for buffs to her.

so let me understand , orisa is now also popular in gm ranks on burst dmg teams. so people use the fact she is popular to get her nerfed? is that it?

she was already played on lower ranks by a lot of people for years :expressionless:

now i don’t mind them increasing her shield cooldown or anything. i’m just clueless, why everyone wants her nerfed, after wanting her buffed. dmg has increased, mccree , soldier, so shouldn’t it be easier for low ranks to deal with her?

and if we are talking bronze or silver… just go behind her with a reaper

Orisa got QoL changes and buffs consistently up until recently.

Add the combo halt + hook on top and you got a must pick.

1. The pros started using her.
  2. The pros started complaining (as they do with everything ever).
  3. Mindless sheep repeat what they hear on streams.

And that’s why people think Sombra is overpowered… wait I mean Orisa.

Seriously though she’s marginally better than she was at release, honestly I think she’s in a good place right now. People want everything that they can’t deal with nerfed.

3 Likes

Whenever a hero gets a buff, it is always followed by people complaining about nerfs. It’s human nature to have difficulties to adapt.

I have to admit, though, that I sometimes regret when heroes become must pick. I would rather have all 30 heroes be viable more, games would be much more varied. But having a meta is unavoidable.

My only complaint is that I just find her horribly dull to play against and seeing her every game takes away from some of the fun.

She’s just another easy-to-play-high-reward hero.

DPS always complained about Orisa, because they don’t know how to press left click, or can’t aim good enough to hit her shield. Literally the only possible explanation.

She always used to be very slow and felt a lot like a streamlined bastion to me. She’s much more on par with Rien now because she can move and fire with less movement penalty, just given more offensive options for pushing chokes and just generally dealing with things now.

Her shield is about right if managed properly, any more would make her pretty redundant as a shield tank… kinda like winston’s… ahem…

I’ve just noticed that not enough people focus on doing shield damage to give clear shots for ranged dps.

Orisa has always been the most sluggish, unfun tank hero for me to play. Even though I still play her on certain map modes where she’s needed and nobody else wants to take on the dreaded task of tanking, but it’s never fun. Even her primary fire has this annoying delay.

I don’t find her OP or anything, but her shield is annoying. It feels like it’s always up, so finding myself on teams that can’t coordinate an attack to get past the shield can end up being an annoying game.

Drop a dynamite over her shield and detonate it so she gets the napalm. Hack her with Sombra. Those are just the best ways to get rid of her. It’s usually not Orisa whose giving you trouble but bast/torb and all those hiding behind her shield.
Was funny to see those people on OWL with “Nerf HALT” tables. Halt is the only defense against genji/tracer don’t do anything with it. Orisa is in a good place right now. No boost or nerf needed. I will be playing her a lot in this season.

3 Likes

I play a lot of tanks and she’s always been in my rotation since she was introduced. I don’t think anything has suddenly made HER broken, although she has been the recipient of a constant stream of small buffs that may eventually have added up to a lot. Still, it’s mostly not about her, it’s the state of the rest of the game, of constant buffs all over the place as bliz flailed around dealing with GOATS, etc. Many characters have crept to incredible power levels (or were just introduced at ridiculous power levels), effectively under the radar while perfectly coordinated Rein-Zarya mechanics kept anyone from noticing.

I think a particularly big thing was the boop patch. While Orisa lost a tech here (the slow move+fire), she has both Halt and Fortify, while Reinhardt lost lost lost, to the point where he can feel almost unplayable against many comps. No one likes spending the entire game being bounced around, unable to even walk forward to the opponent who you can only damage at melee range. Again, perfect GOATS Rein/Zaryas covered up how bad this had gotten.

Outside of the pros… why play Rein or D.va when Orisa and Hammond are there? Why mess around with Mr. Melee when you can build a bunker with Orisa and Baptiste? Nothing has really changed on ladder beyond the Reinhardt players finally realizing how badly off he is and branching out.

2 Likes

I’m still playing Rein and occasionally if the team has a main tank I’ll pick Zarya – but yeah there was a lot of complaining that those two were absolutely OP when in reality it was more about combining the mechanics of them (in the hands of good players of course).

Remember when Zarya got a grav nerf because of the grav-dragon? Or when Sombra got nerfed because her hack went always through? Now you very rarely see a Sombra except pro play and Zarya is almost always free for me to pick.

Now they started heavily nerfing D.Va & I really hope Orisa won’t get the same treatment, because having more viable heroes is almost always more fun than having less of them (especially tanks).

1 Like

I have always played orisa as tank the moment she was released. People whined to me that orisa is bad no one plays her. But most of the time I got loads of damage shielding, silver damage and kills, cc and so on… but people continued crying because she wasn’t used by pros so she is bad… Now she is used by gms they are crying to get her nerfed… lots of crying snowflakes around…

I hate what they did to Zarya. Zarya mains never asked for a smaller grav for slower charge decay. They only did that because of their own horrendous balancing leading up to season 10 which caused a lot of people frustration.

ie; Brigitte release, Hanzo rework, etc.

Somehow, Zarya got dragged in to that terrible phase where we all knew Brig and Hanzo 2.0 needed nerfs, but they intentionally let it play out so we could get rid of dive.

They could have very easily just introduced 222 without messed around with and ruining heroes.

Not saying Zarya is ruined today, but old Zarya was far better. I put hundreds of hours in to her, knowing how to get charge and keep it, but now, because of their own poor design and balancing of OTHER heroes, my main had to get nerfed.

Stuff like this used to anger me in the passed. i guess when I bought Overwatch in season 5, I just thought ‘hey, this is a Blizzard game, it’s 1.5 years old, I’m sure they’ve balanced the game by now and it’s working smoothly’.

Shield tank options have been limited for a long time, Orisa was just very suituational and you needed the team to work around her, but she just gets overlooked, whereas Rein everyone pays attention too.

But… yeah… I love him but he’s just got so boring to play unless i want fun in deathmatch, Fire strike could use less cooldown just to give him some range, tired of standing with my shield up waiting for someone to finish off the turret/widow/bastion.

Tank wise i’ve just gone off shielding, reaper and Brig just constantly want a hug and just ends up feeding them. SIgma is gonna give a lot more options, but there’s so much burst healing going on now it’s sort of negating the need for sheilds because you can just charge your healers instead.

It doesn’t matter the hero, whenever one of them gets up in to the top5 in terms of pickrate, expect complaints. Even if the complaints are unwarranted.