Anniversary Items Won't Unlock

Since the start of the Anniversary 2019 event, I’m unable to acquire some of the new items from the lootbox. Normally, you’re suppose to get random item or a pile of coins from that specific tier till you have all of them. After that, you’ll only receive duplicates. This does not occur on my end and I’m unable to acquire some of the items via drop nor through purchase as the game only drops duplicates from some tiers (particularly the blue or rare tier) despite me not owning some of these. I cannot unlock them and something like player icons can only be acquired from lootboxes. I have no idea what could have possibly caused this nor have I found this type of problem anywhere else.

i’m not sure to understand, but anniversary lootboxes provides every cosmetics from every previous event and normal cosmetics included, but you can’t purchase any player icons, sometimes you can earn duplicates, if so, you earn a little bit of money from the tier of the cosmetic

That’s my problem. The lootbox won’t drop some of the new items for me. Instead, all I get is duplicates. I’m suppose to get a random item I don’t own till I have everything in that specific tier (white, blue, pink, yellow). For instance: I don’t own a bunch of player icons from the blue tier, but I still get blue duplicates over and over again. These players icons can only be obtained from a lootbox, but I only receive duplicates and have no other way of unlocking them.

then you’re unlucky bud

1 Like

i cant get any good items, i keep getting sprays, icons, voice lines but nothing else.
i ultra rarely get skins and highlight intros, rarely get poses and emotes.
I have started to wonder if the loot box system has been riged or hack into by someone.

It’s not about the system being fair or not, I literally cannot get some of the items to begin with. I have more than enough currency, and yet I cannot unlock them. It’s glitched out on my end and I cannot solve this issue. I didn’t make this thread to complain about the loot box system, this is where Blizzard’s support guys told me to turn to for assistance.

1 Like

So instead of actually helping you with a bug in their game, they send you here to the forums so the players can do what exactly?
Do their job?!

Looks that way. According to them, they cannot assist me with any technical in-game issues and instead told me to post this under technical support, which I did and got no answer, then someone moved this thread to general discussions and here we are. I’ve reopened my ticket in hopes of getting some feedback on this.

blizzard told me there was nothing wrong with the loot box system but yet i keep getting terrible stuff from the boxes, but i never get any skins , high light intros or any thing new just old stuff.
i think some one has riged or hacked the system but the company wont admit it.

Nothing’s rigged, that’s how the system works. It’s built with the intention of you having to grind for your items. Skins are more rare than sprays and player icons. I on the other hand can’t acquire some of these in the first place despite having more than enough currency.

it would surprise me that you’re the only one to have that problem, but who knows

and yeah actually we cannot do any thing for you, except giving your post more visibility to the overwatch team

i don’t know what else to say but the company seem to not be listening to comments on loot boxes any more, why i say this well i post two threads and got no answer on to why the loot box system is broken.