Ashe buffs needed

If hanzo has infinite arrows, 250 hp headshot, infinite wallclimb, no falloff dmg, evasive jump every 5 seconds, ultimate that traspasses barriers…

whats the point of using ashe?

Reloading take forever and you get useless if someone comes near you and you dont have bullets. Close range dispersioin is ridiculous. Long distance range dispersion is too much for a hitscan that cant kill with 1 headshot. Her evasive ability has a cooldown of 10!!! and if you use it to locate yourself in highground and someone comes to your face you are screwed. Her ultimate can be sleep, hacked, killed prettty fast, throw to the abyss… and bob gets bugged when there are turrets near him.

How is your balance team doing?

7 Likes

absolutely agree, but i think ashe is pretty balanced game wise. It’s Hanzo (and/or widow) needs to be nerfed, not ashe buffed

3 Likes

Hanzo is broken all there is to it, but they made him that way so lower tier players can play him, welcome to overwatch.

3 Likes

Negative winrate for plat and down, aka more than 60% of the playerbase, yet he was made to be played for new players ?

Yeah it certainly looks like it.

Ashe is otherwise great, but her reload is god-awful. Maybe speed it up…

Ashe is a man?

I am answering, what donsnake wrote, it just doesn´t show it as a reply.

Winning and being rewarded undeserved kills due to hero design are necessarily not the same thing. Hero is designed to give you sweet kicks of dopamine whenever your land headshots or down an enemy coincidentally landing those head shots is made very easy…

2 Likes

buffing ashe would seal the game’s fate.

she’s mccree but better. she’s also widow but half as good.

amazing how people still don’t get this.

1 Like

Why should a hitscan character get the same benefits as a projectile based one even though they have the better firing method? Whats next, Widowmaker getting increased speed while aiming? McCree getting a free wall climb because of his poor poor mobility? Soldier getting the ability to shoot through walls because visor, duh?

I just gave you the straight facts, of how everything you said was false. Over half the population of OW is worse at less than 50% winrate with Hanzo, so find another factual argument to try and argue from.

If you argue that he is still a little to rewarding for some reason, then do that, but you argued something different. Also

Yep, but sadly it is the least “Easy” of the “Easy to land” projectiles, being that they are some of the smallest tied with Genji shurikens.

Ashe is fine as she is. She was never meant to be neither an alternative nor a counter to the existing sniper heroes, she was designed (the way I see it ofc) to pressure huddled comps and to force flankers out of position. One of the decisions you have to make with Ashe is whether you’ll use her Coach Gun as a mobility tool or as an evasive tool, which requires quite a bit of foresight, game sense and situational awareness. Her Dynamite is one of the best things that could happen to the game, not to mention that a bodyshot and Dynamite’s DoT component will kill any 200 hp hero unless they’re healed. And whoo, two of her abilities require the three things I wrote above to be effective, and all this combined with a more classical approach to FPS mechanics make Ashe a powerhouse if she’s played correctly.

TL;DR: if you think she’s underpowered, you’re probably playing her wrong.

2 Likes

then why hanzo is meta and ashe is one of the last dps used in masters+?

-It’s harder to hit shots with Hanzo than literally any hitscan hero, simply because you have to predict their movement rather than just clicking on them.
-Ashe can two-shot-headshot any non-tank hero in the game, not accounting for drop off. (She is NOT a sniper, don’t play her like one. Hanzo IS a sniper. [technically], which is why there is no fall-off.)
-Ashe’s shotgun is a Boop, Execute at close range, and a rollout/high ground movement utility, all-in-one
. It is only fair that it has a cooldown. Whereas Hanzo has TWO abilities in his kit to do the same thing, while also not doing any damage. (His wallclimb is also not “unlimited” it just doesnt have a cooldown. There is still a limit to how far you can climb at once.
-Hanzo’s ultimate may go thru barriers and walls but is still countered by ults like Zen Trans, it can also be eaten or hooked while he is doing animation to cancel the ult. (There is a cast time). Bob is countered by pretty much just Ana and Sombra, and I guess Boop heroes if he is placed in a bad spot. and your team has to not attack it while sleeping or it will just wake up.
Dragonstrike and Bob both are similar ults; they make space and pressure a certain part of the map. Hanzo’s is more for tight space, Bob is more for open space. Anyone can avoid a Hazno ult int he open, but will most likely die in a hallway. Bob will do massive damage out in the open, but in a hallway or near a choke you can just hide and wait it out for a few seconds.
-The reloading for Ashe is to make up for the literal fact that she can potentially hit 170 damage 12 times in quick succession while still being hitscan.
Hanzo is not hitscan, so it is harder to land shots, also the fire rate is much lower than Ashe’s, unless you don’t plan on doing much damage.

Pretty much if you are playing Hanzo for a certain map for a certain reason, Ashe will most likely be a good substitute and vise versa, depending on your own personal preference/playstyle. I think Ashe is fine the way she is, and I haven’t come into an issue other than sometimes Bob doesn’t go where you want him to.

All arguments aside, Hanzo, after his changes from Scatter to Storm, now has the highest damage-per-10-minutes potential of any hero in the game. (Implying every shot you make, hits.) So maybe if you want to compare the two, Ashe shouldn’t be the one changed?

1 Like

****pikachus face *****

ok then, nerf hanzo xD

I personally don’t think Hanzo and Ashe are substitutes to each other. I’m a lowrank though so take this with a grain of salt. The main reason why I pick hanzo in a given map is because of his shield damage and overall damage to tanks, while still retaining the possibility of getting sniper headshotkills.

Its far easier to kill tanks with Hanzo than the hitscans (except maybe McCree) imo. When I drill those tank heads with storm arrows they MELT in a second. Likewise, shields go down way faster with Hanzo compared to Ashe.

He also has the sonic arrow utility which I think people are forgetting a bit too much… Ashe can… shoot down Pharah. If I was better at shooting down Pharah with Hanzo I would play Hanzo all the time, probably.

I’m not saying Ashe is badly designed or anything… I love her playstyle. However, the other characters simply bring more to the table. The main slot she is competing against is Widowmaker. And if you can click heads reliably Widow is gonna be better.

Sources to that ? (20)

Hanzo Meta ? Don´t make me laugh, he is sitting at less than 5% pickrate.

Meanwhile, Ashe does have the highest winrate of the two in masters and Grandmasters, so your argument doesn´t seem that good :slight_smile:

h-ttps://imgur.com/a/hFrOIYE
yea. not meta!

omg stop with winrates… its absurd pls.

i just saw that you are widow and hanzo main. Makes sense you are salty LOL

1 Like

Ashe is fine as it is, actually powerful enough. The issue here is not about Ashe

Nice, you showcased a picture with what i said, you must be one good boi.

Nice argument, where did you learn that one ? Let me try.

Omg stop with the pickrates… “its absurd pls”.

I am a hitscan spicalist, mained Soldier, then Mccree, then Tracer, then Hanzo/Widow, i also play Ashe now, so either of them becoming better or worse, i still have quite a hero pool to go off of. I unlike you, like logical arguments instead of those cute “Only my stats matter”. Now tell me again, why this OP Hanzo is never seen in OWL ?

Oh and btw, hiding your profile, there are still ways to find out, that you are a 1200 gold player, trying your hardest with Ashe in comp right now :slight_smile: You even managed to lose 4 games and only win 1 with the so called OP AF Hanzo, what happened ?

1 Like