Audio Bug, Game speaker not on my character

So i’ve logged in twice today, and both times there is an amazingly annoying bug, where the game speaker is not on my character. So for example, The enemy pharah is ahead firing onto the cart. I’m hearing it behind me, as if it’s hitting me, and not 100 meters ahead. It’s quite disconcerting, and with how important audio cues are, makes the game near impossible to play. usually happens after one or two deaths, after testing it again.

Hey Bainick,

What kind of speaker/sound setup do you use? Do you use headphones or perhaps have an application active for your sound setup?

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

I have a Plantronics RIG 500 headset, which works fine with other games, Discord, Youtube and such. And even some of these at the same time. (Steam game and Youtube for example).

21 hours later, this issue has yet to be resolved. My character’s speaker continues to not center on them, meaning I cannot hear things going on around me, but instead things that are in a different location, most of the time behind me, and some distance away, causing disorientation, and making it impossible to hear sound cues properly of enemies and allies around me.

Have you tried updating the drivers, Bainick? Please see also if the issue persists if you close all unnecessary background applications (Discord included) - I recall a few old cases where this issue was caused by a 3rd-party software conflict.
Another thing to verify, is the Input and Output device selected in Battle.net app (Settings > Voice Chat). If you have selected System Default Device there, try changing it to something else.

Another thing you could check, is the following: in the Windows Audio Playback Devices, right click on the headset, and click Configure Speakers. If you have 7.1 selected, change to 5.1 and see if it helps. :slight_smile:

Feedback? Click here! Blizzard EU - Customer Service Forum Representatives Surveys - Vyraneer

So i’ve toggled everything to be more exact in what device it goes to, made sure every other program is off other then Bnet, and it has not resolved the issue. The game is just too difficult to play when I am hearing things not on my character, thus missing say Genji attacking me, but hearing the enemy Hanzo fire as if i were him, 100 meters away in game.

Again, this issue has not been resolved 22 hours later.