Bad Tech Support

I’m pretty sure I am not the only one to see an ever growing problem with latency and high ping recently.

The issue is that all we get is the same exact copy/pasted soonfed crap. And yet we still follow the “tech supports” steps as instructed, but yet to no avail.

Just look at the tech support forum it’s swamped with high ping/disconnected posts. Maybe it’s something wrong with your servers/game. As I have no problem with Pubg, Fortnite, GTA. Just Overwatch.

have you tried playing using ethernet cable, because i faced this when i was playing using Wireless connection, but when i started using Ethernet, my latency was quite low and stable. Sure i get kicked out from the game because of lost connection but that is the connection refresh from my router.

I am wired :pensive: but thank you for the reply.

I used to get 76 now I get 100+

I use wireless because I don’t have ethernet in my room…

I dont know if you can get these everywhere. But in the uk you can get Plugs that use your electrical wiring in the house to carry the internet signal. You plug one near your modem and connect them up with an ethanet cable and the other near your PC and do the same. I use these even If i am near the Modem as it safes running longish cables.

Hello Arsenic,

I’m a game with as many players as Overwatch, it’s not out of the ordinary that a number of players are suffering technical issues; this also applies to connection issues. At the moment we aren’t aware of any ongoing issues on our servers; we suffered a connection issue yesterday, but it got solved quite fast and the servers are back to normal now. Whenever we notice an issue on our servers, we inform our players (usually via Twitter @BlizzardCSEU_EN). We always keep our customers informed of general issues.

I can completely understand that when you have issues only with one game or services, it can feel logical to think that the problem is caused by their servers. However, this is not always the case; a connection issue can affect only specific game or services, due to the way internet connections work. You can read a bit more about this here.

If you’re still having issues with Overwatch and the steps we usually provide don’t help, we will need the following diagnostics so we can investigate what’s going on:

• Traceroute (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)
  • Pathping (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)
  • WinMTR (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)

Got feedback about the support I’m providing? Leave your comments here!

1 Like