Baptiste - IMMORTALITY GOATS

Baptiste is the first hero to introduce immortality in overwatch: up until now, it was just very high sustain but now it just got even further, at the point that you could virtually sustain forever:

Just imagine what happens when you combine his mobility with a dive kind of goats comp:

• D.va
  • Winston
  • Zarya or Wrecking Ball
  • Lucio
  • Zenyatta or Mercy
  • Baptiste

The comps i just listed may have the highest sustain and mobility in the game, not to mention the defensive hell it could create on 2cp and control.

I’m not a pro and as such i just might be worrying for nothing, but what would happen if this kind of comp had to hit the game?

Please someone, especially pros and t500, leave your opinions below!

a) There is virtually no GOATs below Master rank.
b) What you described has pretty much nothing to do with original GOATs, apart from DVa and Zarya.
c) Baptiste is still extremely new and rather complicated in his interactions (whereas Ashe was really straight forward in comparison), so judging his potential impact is pretty premature.
d) IF can be destroyed. It has 250 HP and is stationary, that thing won’t survive long in a high skill environment. In addition, the CD is really long, so it’s easy to disengage until it’s over.

Just shoot the thing, it is completely stationary and glowing brightly. This is like trying to claim that McCree’s ult is overpowered because it can oneshot every hero in the game: it’s a fundamental lack of understanding of game mechanics.

I do agree however in higher ranks it placement could lead to it being nerfed or removed keep that in mind

Mei has immortality and zen too when ulting. This is just different kind of immortality. Its actualy worse because you can destroy it.

What is worse is that its on a 15 second cooldown unlike transcendence. I really don’t know what the devs are thinking these days. Shields/healing has been out of control since last summer (goats), and now you make a hero that negates ult combos with a cooldown. Oh enemy used grav dragon? I guess I just press E…

2 Likes

Reinhardt has a “immortality shield” Wich is movable

Doesn’t really work against heroes that can penetrate barriers though (Rein firestrike, Winston’s Tesla, Moira’s orb and ult).

Sombra says no to this comp.

1 Like

Couldn’t help but notice how easy the immortality drone is to destroy.

Sorry, I’m in the wrong forum. I’ll leave now …

Besides destroying it you can play hog and hook people out of it.

Factually not correct. You will consistently see GOATS in six stacks from plat and above. (or at least before patch, don’t know the current situation)

Plat has 32.69% tanks, 35.34% supports and 31.97% DPS. You can’t get that much GOATs if the average comp has fewer than 2 tanks.
(Stats taken from a month ago.)

1 Like

You’re supposed to provide a source when you claim something like that. I don’t have numbers but from personal experience, there’s barely anyone playing goats below master and even in master people usually prefer 2-2-2.

Don’t worry, here’s the numbers. Data taken from Overbuff on February 28th for competitive games that happened in the week before that (so before we got a ton of tank/supp nerfs and DPS buffs with the last patch):
All numbers in percent, tank-support-DPS:
GM: 39.26-39.67-21.07
M: 35.11-36.45-28.44
Dia: 33.72-33.74-32.54
Plat: 33.16-34.25-32.59
Gold: 32.7-35.43-31.87
Silv: 32.69-35.34-31.97
Bron: 30.24-34.18-35.58

Simply put: below Masters, for every 3-3 comp you will get a 1-1-4 to balance it out while Bronze is hell.
Also note that GM and M is such a small section of the player base that their numbers fluctuate much more and have less impact on the overall distribution.

1 Like

Top500 here
Your comp is awful since all characters are trying to attack from different directions and usually not even close in battle. You won’t be able to hit your Bap’s stuff .
Don’t look at this dummy who posts stats from Overbuff :slight_smile:

That shield can go down in seconds.

Solo Queue != six stacks.

Well we also know for a fact, that most games do not have throw comps involving multiple Tanks and Healers. All the throwing and “GG LOST” matches heavily favour a insanely high amount of dps characters of 3-6.

If the stats show a balance around the 2x2x2, yet we know DPS is abused a lot in losing/tilted situations and we know the amount of Healers/Tanks are quite low, this should only tell you one thing.

That Tanks and supports are played seriously a lot more than DPS are. If anything 2x2x2 can quite easily be balanced out by the high amount of 3x3, 3x2x1 ,3x1x2 etc comps as well. In general tank heavy or Support heavy comps.

We know for a fact, that DPS heavy comps are a thing, we also know, that at times of teams tilting/losing, they gravitate heavily to throwing with DPS.

Have you ever thought about those things ?