Beta patch 1.1, what happened?

Blizzard continues to amaze me in their ability to screw things up!

I was lucky enough to get an opt in code and have been non stop playing the beta for OW2. It was the most fun I’d had in OW since the release of the first game and despite the lack of polish the abysmal balancing and the severe lack of support changes I still loved it. This sentiment was echoed amongst my friend group and I felt like maybe OW2 was going to be worth it.

Then the 1.1 patch released.

A soldier nerf, very needed. Ana biotic grenade nerf, also a very valid change. A roadhog ult rework, sound weird but could be fun. A Sojourn buff? why?

Aside from these slightly weird changes for some heroes it feels like Blizzard did something to the game. It feels like I’m back to OW1 in the level of fun I was having, every match drags, I get booped or one shot by everything and I’m just not enjoying the game.

What happened? I’m so confused.

This isn’t just me, after speaking to some friends they’re also not enjoying the beta either, it’s such a weird feeling. I don’t know if anyone else is going through this also.

1 Like

Because it feels the same as OW1. I find myself playing OW1 more because it’s not a Beta. If OW2 came out, I’d probably stick to that.

Well you can’t just straight up create a game that feels different without creating an entire new game.

The core is pretty much the same, though some stuff might just be wonky.
Their changes are based on feedback from the main forums, match data and maybe some from YT/Reddit.
I doubt they are screwing as much as you think, note that the beta is used to analyze the gameplay from multiple players, not just yours.

Though of course, this exact feedback helps them.

You said you don’t play the beta at all… This is misleading.

I’m running out of ways of explaining this to you. I’m sorry that you aren’t the brightest spark but yes, I have played Beta, for the 100th time. I never said I didn’t play Beta, I’m going to edit the other comment because you’re clearly not understanding, at all.

Seeing as you edited your original statement, you are certainly claiming to have played a bit of it. But I doubt that’s the case.

The way you’ve described things would imply you either have touched it, or are subconsciously a very contrarian person and need something to go against.

This is just your opinion and silly assumption.

I don’t need to prove anything to you, I know for a fact I’ve played it. So please keep your assumptions to yourself.

When the shoes on the other foot, you get very defensive.

Just like when you got banned for “banter” and claimed it was “snowflakes” getting upset… Then get upset if I call you Gary.

Don’t dish out what you can’t take my dear friend.

Never got banned (For the billionth time).

I’m not dishing anything out, you keep harassing me and spreading false information. Now please.

So you lied about being banned?

Pretty sad behaviour that you have to delete your posts to cover your tracks…
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/all-have-to-know-what-game-theyre-playing-banned-but-they-dont-know-why/11233/29

As this what the direct reply to that…

So either you got banned, and are trying now to weirdly cover it up.

Or you lied about it for attention

(A question you never answered before)

Yep I lied about being banned, sue me. :man_shrugging:

Now enough please.

Lol. So trolling the forums…

Although, based on how you discussed I suspect you were actually banned but weirdly don’t want to admit it.

But, assuming you’re not being honest and just lied to get attention, or look like you had a valid point… You have now given people reason to doubt everything you say.

A grown adult (unless you’ve lied about that too)… Lying on a forum for attention. Actually hilarious.

Look, Nightwing, you’re in no position to say anything, especially about being a grown adult. It’s hysterical because all you do is lie on here.

Now please, this thread is about the Beta patch, not about mocking and trolling me. Grow up and stick to the topic at hand, thank you.

Where have I lied? You’ve made that false accusation many times. But that person wasn’t me.

Now, don’t go all attacky Gary. You lied (actually you got banned and tried to cover it up, but I’ll pretend to believe you lied).

That was all about the beta, in a round about way. Now I have to assume you’ve never touched the beta and what you’ve said about playing it is a lie.

So you’ve discredited yourself