Blizz, you dont punish trolls and throwers and this is why

By putting the limit for 3 slots and only 1 week, the trolls have no fear of not being able to find games if they keep on doing whatever they do.
The avoid should also punish their MMR, and everyone of them should be slotted together in upcoming games.

Today we had a guy asking for 1 hitscan and 1 projectile in Gibraltar, unfortunately the dps went mccree and widow, but its plat its not a serious ladder. He waited until the enemy teams attack opened, picked hanzo and wall climbed outside of the spawn room, just because 2 dps did not listen on him.

Then our offtank got pissed, he left the game and promised to uninstall it.

The only reason i play Overwatch is being is the only hero based shooters that’s not focusing on the BR elements. But you should seriously take action against those who are intentionally throwing.

About 3 out of 10 games im having a good time. Even by winning today, you always feel like you did not deserve the win because its easy to notice one specific thrower on the enemy team. And no, im not considering torbs or symmetras throwpicks. By throwing is when you are a selfish jerk who wants to punish your team because you are bad at the game and you do everything to make it happen.

2 Likes

The avoid list is not here to permanently punish people. The avoid list is there to give you a short-term fix if you’re playing in a relatively empty time slot or SR frame. What you criticize has a different solution: reporting. If they actually are throwers and toxic players they will gather their reports and get their bans eventually. This exists, and most likely the Hanzo you talked about will have gotten 5 reports from that game. If that’s a one time occasion, he doesn’t need to be banned, if he’s doing it on a semi-regular basis, he will be banned soon.

Here’s what the avoid function is for (at least what I used it for):
a) Mei’s Yeti Hunt - a few people were extremly childish and spammy and homophobic in chat. Sure, I could mute them, but as a principle I dislike muting people in case they say something relevant.
b) 3v3 elim - got placed with the same instalock-DPS 2-stack that played horribly 2 or 3 games in a row. Not many other people with my SR played, so those things happen. I avoided them, next view games I could crush them myself.

In both cases I’m fairly certain that I never saw any of those players ever again. Not because of avoid, but because the chances of facing the same people over and over is pretty rare, except in those cases where only a few people play a game mode and you have the same few people queueing at the same time cause their game just ended.

PS: If someone flips out because the 2 DPS don’t got hitscan+projectile but double-hitscan instead, I’m pretty sure they will be banned soon.

1 Like

Blizzard does punish throwers and trolls, but it’s automated way too much.

Full disclosure isn’t in their vocabulary, since they won’t ever tell us how little reports are actually required to take action, we’ll be stuck in limbo for a hot minute.

Blizzard is sadly too catering towards casuals/unflexible/griefer/troll like players for us to ever see a low priority queue where they can all just go fight among themselves.

I agree and what about the leavers its so anoying when u are winning and they just leave sometimes its understandable but the other times they knew they had a bad internet at the moment or knew they dindt had time to play 1 game and they still go into comp games

real life issues emerge, you should accept that. Sometimes you simply do not expect the match to go into 3rd or 5th round, then you run out of time and gotta bail. Annoying, I know and feel the same as you but nothing you can do about.
Its still a game, rl commitments have priority over that.

The game was on for 5 min we got our attack flawless no deaths