Please fix this game

I’ve been playing this game since the open beta and I have come to notice something lately. There seems to be a major disconnect between the players and the devs. Throughout the life span of this game, the devs have ended up making some really strange decisions to say the least. For example, did anyone ask for the recent roadhog nerf? No of course not, he is already so under-powered that he pretty much acts only like a ult battery at this point so why did they nerf him? By the way if it really was just an ‘unintended bug’ then why did it take them 2 years to fix something like this?

I think we can all agree that there are a bunch of problems plaguing this game right now from numerous bugs to major toxicity issues, so the question is why is Blizzard not solving these problems or at the very least acknowledging them so that we know that they are working on it?

In my opinion, right now the game is in the worst state that its ever been in (yes even worse than season 11) simply because there are way too many issues with the game right now and there seem to be no signs from Blizzard that they are working on fixing these issues.In fact, these random buffs and nerfs that keep coming out end up making more problems than actually fixing any. People keeping making threads complaining about these same issues but I doubt that anyone at Blizzard even bothers reading them.

I get that its difficult for the devs to work on the OWL and the Overwatch World Cup and still somehow fix the issues with the game but at the very least can we get a response from you guys about the issues and how is that you’re going to fix them? The reason why I felt the need to complain about all of this stuff is because I genuinely care about this game (I mean who else would write a 4 para long essay about something like this) and don’t want to see it die. So Blizzard and The Overwatch Team, Please Listen to the Community and Please Save This Game.

5 Likes

I don’t agree with your opinion and there are multiple reasons why:

Possibly because people found out about that bug just now? It is indirectly a nerf but it is still a bugfix.

They do. Brigitte nerfs, Hanzo rework, Support buffs and Mercy nerfs, Endorsement system and LFG feature, bugfixes: All that stuff is mostly due to the Community. The reason why it seems like Blizzard isn’t listening to the community is that the said community demands more, hiding the things Blizzard already achieved.

No, they are not. Those “same” issues are always temporary. For example, Player was complaining that Doomfist isn’t really strong and a low pick. Once Blizzard buffed him (quicker recharge), the pick rate increased and players start to complain about Doomfist being OP. Or how about Hanzo, whose rework only happened because the community complained about his inconsistent and cheap scatter arrow. Now they complain about his OP build.

Which random buffs and nerfs? Supports were buffed to make them more viable, making Mercy, not a must pick anymore. Zarya’s nerf/buff was due to the fact that people start playing her just for the Ult combo. Anything more to add? Roadhogs nerf? Not actually a nerf but a bugfix.

People forget that multiple teams work on the game. Texture artists work on OWL skins because they hardly have anything else to do. OWL is managed by PR managers, not programmers. OWL and the game itself are two separate projects on which different teams are working.

Now, here’s my problem with your essay: It consists of moot points only. You make accusations without showing evidence, without proving that what you say is true. You mostly provide moot points, arguments that are highly debatable, so your argument stays subjective.
You say that Blizzard isn’t listening to the community, not because you know it’s true but because you think it’s true. You can’t even make strong arguments because your arguments lack proof and examples. You provided only one example (roadhog nerf) and that can be contradicted. Your arguments are basically your opinion, how you think about the topic. Overwatch isn’t dying, you just think it does.

As an advice, if you have argument and you think it’s true, make it bulletproof by showing examples or evidence to prove your point.

4 Likes

Your topic title (“BLIZZARD PLEASE FIX THIS GAME”) is against the CoC:

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to General Discussion - Please Read!:

Maybe begging for changes constantly will not lead to anything good. Same thing happened with the low bracket pvp in wow, people were crying about twinks and that they dont get XP and Blizzard as a fix completely destroyed the game.
But again don’t like it don’t play it. They should not patch Overwatch every week like it is in lol. One patch in 3 months is more than enough.

1 Like

There is a gamebreaking bug causing players to be frozen and unable to move at the start of a new match. I have lost SR because of this and Im certain this is happening to other players. Please address this issue as soon as possible

No they didn’t find out just now , that is silly . It’s been in OWL also , you can’t say they found out just now lol.

Yes, you can because it is a speculation. No one has noticed or reported that bug. Otherwise, the bug should have been fixed a long time ago. Also, we don’t even know if that bug is truly 2 years old. It might occured in one of the more recent patches.

roadhog hook bug was a problem since December 2017, it took them more than half a year to address that its a bug and fix it (fix was on augustes 2018).

i don’t know why blizzard just ignores these problems.

It is not about his hook. It’s about his inconsistent damage falloff which happened due to a bug. The hook is a different topic.

im specifying that blizzard doesn’t care about fixing bugs,

taking a long time to even notify players that there working on a fix and letting bugs and problems stay in games for more than months before they take action.

No, that’s wrong. You just need to look at the patchnotes and you’ll find countless bugfixes.

Also, not every bug can be fixed in one day. Some can be fixed in minutes, others need months.

Yeah like genji tripple jump for example, how long did it take them to fix it ?

Does it matter? The point is that it got fixed. People forget how many bugs got fixed because they only focus on new and devastating ones.

Again, not every bug can be fixed in one day.

And 1 more , Moira healing through shields “bug” . And yes ofc it matters , it feels like they don’t care especially when they are silent about it. Blizzard used to be better and take things more serious when it comes to their games

true, but some bugs should get priority, for half a year the hook didn’t work for 20% of the time because of that bug,
this could impact comp play and brought frustration when it happend,
and blizzard stayed silent for that half a year without any word that they even are working on it to calm the angry gamers who are losing SR.

Do you even know hot bugfixing works? We have no damn clue about how to do it. We don’t know the complexity of fixing mistakes in codes without breaking the code even further.

You can call out more and more bugs that got fixed after weeks or months but the point stays true: They are fixing bugs. It doesn’t matter how long they take because your argument was:

i don’t care how long it takes, i care if they tell us that they are working on it even if it takes months.

im glad that they fix small visual bugs, but id like to know if they actually plan on fixing a bug that stuck to a major ability to a hero.

Well, they did it when mentioning reins code being rebuilt from scrap but its definetly something that can be done more often but only by the most devastating and noticable bugs.

Otherwise we would be spammed with “we are working on a minor bug only one player noticed” announcements.