Blizzards' Toxic Overwatch Environment

No it doesn’t.

The only thing that plays a role in toxicity is the mindset of the individual behind the keyboard/controller. You could be put in the most imbalanced match ever, it would still be your choice to be toxic about it.

Stop trying to palm off the blame for poor behaviour on to others. Take some personal responsibility for your behaviour and actions.

This constant trying to deflect blame on to everything and everyone else is really tedious.

This is the same mindset that leads people to blaming everything else for not climbing.

1 Like

What doesn’t exactly?
Better matchmaking wouldn’t reduce toxicity, is that what you’re saying?

1 Like

Im saying it is an excuse.

People are toxic in game, then find something to post rationalise their behaviour.

Doenst matter if the matchmaker is actually good. People will find an excuse.

Toxic players need to just take responsibility for their actions. The game doesn’t make you behave like a child.

See the difference between my comment and your comments is that I’m being positive and you’re being negative. All you seem to care about is blame after the facts. I’m more interested in making things better before the facts.

I’m not playing the blame game, I think it’s too easy and it doesn’t help anything. The blame game just puts an end to any form of discussion.

Furthermore, improving matchmaking wouldn’t just help toxicity. It would help with frustration to, for all those people who can remain civil. You’d figure that out if you weren’t so focused on just playing the blame game.

1 Like

That would imply match making was an issue in the first place… which it very rarely is.

Is it perfect, no, but it pretty much never gives you totally weird matches. Unless you’re at the highest ranks where it stuggles to find the numbers of players.

Doesn’t matter what the issue is, you have a personal choice to make.

Ultimately, if you’re getting mad about a video game, you’ve already failed.

lol Now I really think you’re just talking out of your ass all the time. What do you mean I fail if I get mad about a video game.
It’s a video game, it’s made to challenge you and make you mad since like … I don’t know the frigging 80’s?
Like how can you even take part in this conversation if you don’t even acknowledge what it is to play games.

1 Like

You fail because it is just a video game.

If something is tilting you, either get over it or take a break.

Video games are meant to challenge you. But if you get mad about them that is all on you.

If you can’t achieve the challenge, you have 3 choices.

1. Get mad about
  2. Give up
  3. Get better

All 3 options are your choice, not the games. The game doesn’t care what you do.

IRL, if I swear at you for something you’ve done. I am the one in the wrong for how I react. You haven’t MADE me react, that you be my subconscious choice to do that. And as in game, you can make the choice to just stay chill or say nothing. The game isn’t making you do anything.

2 Likes

Oh yeah more of that delicious blame cake. How surprising.

1 Like

Blame? I’m not the one blaming anyone.

I take responsibility for my own actions in game.

If someone makes a mistake, I don’t care. That is their own experience to learn from and improve. They don’t need jumped up, moaners giving them stick about it.

If a player is toxic in game, that is on them and no one else. There isn’t an excuse other than that person made the decision, subconsciously or deliberately, to be toxic.

Deflecting blame on to match making or whatever excuse someone comes up with will never solve the problem.

People just have to be better.

1 Like

it aint matchmaking fault .it is human nature problem. a ai system cant predict when someone will go full toxic mode.

1 Like

Can a human predict when someone might become toxic?

1 Like

No. Buy they are 100% right. Toxicity is not the fault of the game, and or game mechanics.

If something annoys you, you make the conscious or subconscious decision on how you react.

Toxic behaviour is solely the fault of the person being toxic.

The only thing games/devs can do is put the systems in place for people to flag that behaviour up.

1 Like

Don’t see why you should be banned for swearing. The game was crreated in the USA and they have the freedom of speech, no?
Anyway, some people must tell their trashy teammates, what they think 'bout them, because it’s practically true and it makes you feel better tbh. It’s just how the mature game world works

1 Like

They do. You are totally free to swear as much as you like.

Other players are completely free to report you for it. And the game is free to ban you for it.

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences.

Mature people know better ways of dealing with the problem. Having a paddy and shouting at people is something you should have grown out of by now.

2 Likes

That’s why censorship is bad. You won’t grow as a person if you don’t know what others think about you

Whilst in theory you have a valid point.

It doesn’t really apply here. As no one is being censored. They are facing the consequences of their actions.

Randomly being told you’re bad (or worse), by some faceless entity hiding behind the anonymity of his or keyboard isn’t what you are implying.

It’s just people being abusive for the sake of being abusive because they think they are hidden from consequences, misusing the “freedom of speech” argument like they know how real life works.

Even if it was coming from a “good place”… Do you really think it will make them play better… Why not just chill out and not have a go at others who are just trying to do the same as you. Chill out with the game the want to play.

2 Likes

I don’t either considering they have profanity filters for that reason. But I guess it’s better overall if it isn’t shown.

There is literally no need to type it in the first place.

People get very bored, very quickly of people that just can’t keep their emotions in check while playing.

As you’ve found out.

Another post reported. Keep it up, Nightwing.

Seeing as I’ve done nothing wrong. Go for it. Seeing as you’ve gone well over the line for acceptable behaviour many times on the his forum. I’m not sure you’re in a strong position…

Odd that you’d cry report when you spent months trying your best to harass and bully me off here. Guess you don’t like it when it’s turned around…

You on the other hand have breached 2 parts of the code of conduct with that reply. So good luck.

(Also, it’s flagging not reporting)