Brigittes not so tragic backstory

So, I was thinking that most characters have tragic backstories in this game. Mei lost all her friends and spent 9 years frozen. Tracer had the slipstream accident. Widowmaker was kidnapped and broken by Talon. Zarya had her hometown destroyed by omnics. Just a few examples there. Brigitte on the other hand … doesn’t. Sure, she has Torbjorn for a father but as harsh as that is it doesn’t really compare to the others. What other heroes have similar lack of tragedy in their past?

I would say D.va who was just a pro gamer before joining the MEKA squad.
Moira cause despite all the Overwatch/Blackwatch drama, she was always focused on her own ambitions and it worked well for her. And Hammond i guess since he wasn’t this emotionally connected to Dr.Winston like Winston was, he just landed on Australia build a mech and is now traveling the world as he please.

1 Like

Symm. She was a child in a poor family, but she was very young when she was pulled out of that by a big corporation she now has a good position in.
McCree. Always did what he wanted to do. Nothing tragic, just life choices.
DF. Rich kid getting richer. Sure, he lost his arm, so he couldn’t compete anymore, but lucky for him he was a rich kid and his family business was doing prosthetics, so it didn’t matter that much.
Ashe. Rich kid that got bored so she started doing crime.

2 Likes

Good points everyone :slight_smile:

Have you watched Shooting Star? In which D.VAs entire squad is killed? That could possibly be a tragic event in her backstory.

Yes i watch it and nop they are not killed, they are out celebrating their victory while D.va is staying at base with Dae-hyun to work on her Mech.

2 Likes

Must have missed that bit … ok D.VA is fine :grin:

Also:
Lucio. He’s just a world-famous DJ (and football player) who made it big despite being born in the slums.
Mercy. There were some bumps in her career, but nothing major.
Zenyatta. He’s a Zen omnic who travels around the world bringing peace by slugging metal orbs at people until they die.

1 Like

Mercy lost her parents during war, so i guess that is a important event that made her the pacific doc she is now.
And Zenyatta kinda lost his brother after Widow assassinate him at King’s Row, but i guess Zenyatta is well…too zen to be affected in a “tragic” way

2 Likes

It’s an ongoing struggle, but then again if you classify that as a tragedy, than for McRee being forced to be on the run is also a tragedy. And Ashe was traumatized when she was dumped by Jesse.
Symmetra had some kind of realization about Vyshkar corporation not always being right in her own comic, I think (I don’t remember it well, it wasn’t too captivating).
Even Brigitte has to deal with Reinhard, who has a hero syndrome because of his tragic past, so it must kinda rub on her.

But no, I don’t actually consider that a tragedy, just like I don’t think that the fact Lucio had to fight the corporation once counts as a “tragedy”.
The omnic that was shot by Widowmaker isn’t actually Zen’s brother, it’s just one of their leaders. It definitely doesn’t count as personal tragedy for him.