Bring back challenge skins!

Whilst the limited time challenge events to earn limited time rewards are exciting and make the game feel more lively, i think they are having an adverse effect on the game long term. I’m also including the weekly challenge skins in the seasonal events.

People who miss out on the event(s) because they were not able to play during to 1-2 week period will probably be disappointed since they missed out on exclusive rewards. This might make them left out and might even quit because they feel they cannot keep up. With challenges coming at a fairly frequent rate and even more cosmetics becoming exclusive, the “effective” content to a new player is slowing down and becoming relatively smaller. What if a new player finds they really click with a specific hero and find they once had a challenge with a skin that had a theme they really liked (Comic Tracer, Maestro Sigma, Medic Baptiste, Dr Ziegler Mercy)? Once again they would probably feel very alienated and feel left out and thus the game becomes less welcoming for new players.

Right now there has been 6 off-seasonal event challenges and 21 weekly seasonal challenges. Every challenge contains one reward for three wins up to three meaning three rewards. That’s 81 rewards that are now unobtainable, not even including the sprays you get for watching twitch which puts the counter over 100+.

The first challenge started over two years ago with D.va’s Nano Cola challenge and has not returned since. This probably means they truly are limited, and the problem with “effective” content will only get worse… unless we express that we are not happy with the exclusivity of these rewards.

I’m perfectly happy with it.

I’ve missed a couple, yeah I’d like them, but its my fault for having a life an going on holidays lol .

2 Likes