Bring back old Mercy

I know people will hate me, but it is ok, as everybody has different opinions.

Mercy doesn’t require a lot of skill, I can’t deny that as a Mercy player, and the way Blizzard made her work didn’t help either. But, I still feel like the old rez was overall better for the game, though changes were needed for it to work, but not break the game. So I came with some “ideas” that could balance the old Mercy, and make her feel balanced.

1. Ultimate charge- she could get a rez almost every minute and every fight (though people would say you didn’t get much value from it without hiding), so making her Rez charge longer would Not only make the mercy be active more im the fights, but it COULD prevent hiding as you might not have it that often. There were suggestions that maybe if she died with Rez, the ult would decrease and you would’t be able to go on point and change the fight. I also saw one saying that she shouldn’t get automatic ult charge(that means all the ult charge comes from healing etc). While I see these as good options, when the Mercy dies, she won’t have rez and you might have to switch to a better healer, like Moira or Brigitte.
  2. Line of sight- the main problem was that she would get a rez without even seeing her. With this change, she has to go in the fight, risking herself for a rez.
    3)Invincibility- Honestly I never agreed to this: if a low-skill character has such good ult, then make her even stronger, what’s the point? Without invincibility, Mercy has to risk herself to get a big rez, as there have to be drawbacks of this ult.
    4)Movement-as of this moment, mercy has to stay 2 seconds to rez somebody, without any protection and reduced movement. Some time ago, she would fly in the middle of the battle and rez while in the air. Well, I don’t think that should be allowed. Make her unable to rez while using guardian angel(probably a bad idea) and also make her unable to change the 0.75 left hand animation. With that, she would be opem to counter play, and overall would still need some protection, because an ult like that should be reduced.

I feel like at that time, people were tired of Mercy because of the healer options:
-Ana, which had her time, and now is struggling to get some use;
-Zen, which was good, but still needed a Mercy/Ana;
-Lucio, which had his own comp around him, but still wouldn’t be able to solo heal;
The invincibility buff shouldn’t have happened, as honestly, Ana big nerfs and that buff for Mercy started this whole mess. With Brigitte and Moira added to the game, you have more choices of healers. And I know, the only healer that is underperforming is Ana, who is way harder to play than Mercy/any other healer honestly. As a low skill character, she should get weaker tools to play, and be worse than the other healers(have you seen how devastating Ana can be when played corectly by a pro? Sleep darts on genjis, grenades on roadhogs, shots hit most of the time etc). I feel like if some of the mercy buffs didn’t happen, Ana wasn’t nerfed that hard, and brigitte and Moira were in the game, we probably would have never gotten this rework. Thank you all for reading this, and please, don’t get mad or whatever, as this is how I think Mercy should have ended(Also can we get her at least as an option in custom games? :D)

17 Likes

Lets not forget old mercy win rate.

And new mercy is at the high end of win and pick rate. Sitting at 2n place for all and a 5th place for gr mast.

Its a no for me. One ress to counter attacking widow cheeses is better for the geme. Old mercy was way to good and did nothing but hide and then dashed in for a team ress.

Not to mention that trading one ult afrer people blow atlest two for a team wipe and doing that after they “finished the job” was just unfair.

Imho Mercy is in the perfect place for the skill she needs to be used if not in a better one. Not to mention mercy pharah comps.

Now you can ask for a moira brigitte nerf if you think they are by far a better pick then mercy but thats not the case shown by win and pick rate. This 3 + zen have prity much the seme states when it comes to win and pick rates.

In general lucio is only one who needs help since if your team cant play with the speed boost he gets kinda useless. And speed isnt what this mate wants you to use. Its instant dmg buffs to help hanzo kill the thanks and to oneshot 200 hp heros with strom arrow. Since btigitte makes everything to safe and unkillable at close range.

1 Like

Mercy is currently the best support and she probably always has been. She is mobile, she can rez, tons of healing. Just start nerfing her please.

I want to have free choice on the 2 supports in game comps, right now it’s forced Mercy+Zen. Where is the choice? Before moira was released and OP Valk was live, Mercy was must pick and if you didn’t pick her you would lose.

Stop OP heroes, let the others shine too

Can you just stop it already? The devs said multiple times they will not revert her, just accept it

In an arcade game mode, custom game settings etc.

I play Brigitte now but I feel like my interest in this game is dwindling gradually and being locked out of the best part of the game for arbitrary reasons is really grating.

2 Likes

I miss classic Mercy. I wish they would have left her alone in QP and tuned Comp around OWL like they have been doing.

3 Likes

Yeah, balance for other stuff doesn’t have to be the same as for competitive. The ultimate was only an issue in competitive and only because some people abused it, so it got removed for everyone, not really a measured approach.

You can argue that QP should be the same as competitive perhaps, hero wise, but at least have her in a different mode, or custom games if nothing else? I just wanna play the game I paid for.

1 Like

And here we go again with revert mercy thread number 184423685 …

Mercy has the highest win rate in QP this month its somehow 100.10% i don’t even know how lol.
She’s second most picked hero as well Hanzo being first.

In what world and on what grounds do you want a Mercy buff ?

Mercy is perfect as she is other than a purify/cleanseing ability i don’t know what more you can give her that won’t be out of character or feel over powered. On top of her being so easy to master letting players constantly play her at the maximum potential and power.Why must she get the mass ress and get stronger ? And why are we so bad for wanting nerfs most if not all of the time when the community hates on something they end up right and it gets nerf and feels much better like old tracer, old widow, old nano, the mass ress, etc…

You know that when Ana was released she totally outclassed mercy as a healer? Mercy and Moira are just heal bots, as they don’t have that much utility as Lucio/Zen. Mercy was barely OP at that time, and they would go far and even say she was a throw pick. Mercy shouldn’t be the best healer, at least for her skill that she requires. If there were more healers, and a better balancing among the supports, Mercy would still mass rez. Why is it ok for Reaper, Mccree and Soldier to hide and ult, as well as getting team wipes, but if Mercy does it, OH MY GOD HELL NO NERF! She is a healer(and a priority target), if you didn’t even care about trying to kill her, then yeah, you deserved that mass rez in your face.

3 Likes

New mercy is so much more fun - have you tried slingshotting? Press jump before you get to your target to send her boosting super fast. Do it with close targets and you can end up flying straight up!

I absolutely love that lol

So yeah about my interest dwindling, barely been playing lately, picked up the new hero in Paladins instead. Will farm some loot boxes for the event and then I might not play much for a while unless I can actually have fun playing my original main.

I wish Mercy 1.0 was back as well.
The solo-rez tempo is a bit too much in favour of a turtle behind many shields meta.
So I’m with you.

But that would mean Blizzard would actually balance the heroes, not happening.

I think it would be good to bring her back because many players have advanced in skill since then and the only reason she is picked now at all is because people want easy wins. She is boring af and is just a healbot. All she does is heal and then the occasional rez but that is it. She is picked is people get easy wins because her heal is lock on and easy to use while other healers it is a bit harder to heal and the rez. Rez will never work as an ability.

1 Like

Old Mercy is just awful when compared to new Mercy. The fact that a single ult could erase the coordination and skill of 2-6 other people is actually horrible. Of course this would’ve been fine if the only counters to her weren’t to just “kill her” and “Use good ult economy”

Oh god plz no, old Mercy would be even worse now.