Can i upgrade ram

hello
currently i am playing ow on an acer e5-574 which has i5 6200u
4 gb of ram
and intel hd graphics 520
i have upgraded the ram from 4gb to 8 gb in an attempt to break past the 30 fps mark and the game didnt launch…i have asked for help here and many ppl told me that if i am playing ow below minimum requirements and if i reverted back to 4 gb and it worked…consider yourself very lucky

i have reverted it back to 4gb and it worked

all of that was before the massive 11 gb update that was dropped…last halloween i think?..that brought massive optimizations to the game

is there anyway to check if i have added that extra 4gb of ram to my laptop…the game would run properly unlike the last time WITHOUT placing the extra ram?..opening up my laptop is really a difficult thing to do

There should be little to no issue upgrading the ram so long as you have the right type. I may be wrong but I believe you need DDR3L. You need to get the closest match to your existing 4gb sticks specs. If you have done that already your on the right track.

Apart from that all you can do is plug it in and go into the bios to see if its recognised and maybe configure the speeds, its hard to explain how to do it on a forum but a quick glance on YT showed several videos that might help. Some which were specific to your device.

Hope that helps & good luck.

i have tried it before the new ow update and it ran games and programs just fine…only ow that had that problem

Maybe try to re-install OW or verify the files?

Update:so it actually worked…the game runs properly now…for the moment…thanks for the help

You can further optimise by looking up Panjno help guides on you tube.