Can we increase the penalty for leavers?

Trying to lock the user into the game by removing the leave button is a bad idea. Instead they should make it very clear that they aren’t supposed to leave: for example by making the button red/yellow/whatever with a warning sign and a warning message that they get penalised for that action.

Something I liked in CS:GO is that after searching for competitive it asked for pressing the READY button (to make sure people aren’t AFK after waiting for search) and they made it clear before the match that pressing READY means committing to a full match that might take half an hour and leaving is penalised.

3 Likes

Overwatch i a really good game but, every 3 to 4 games there’s a leaver… its impossible to play like this… Blizzard please do something about it. I’m getting to a point that i don’t see the fun to play it anymore…

They did do something about it, they added LFG. Go in to comp with a stack beforehand and already you are reducing the chance of having a leaver on your team. Of course there are other ways to find players to group up with as well, but the options are here.