Can't install overwatch

I’ve been through the troubleshooting page and done everything there, ran a virus scan, checked my drivers, restarted my computer, nothing has worked. It will load the installer, but when I click “start install” nothing happens.
Any ideas?

edit: Just deleted all blizzard related and battle.net files from my computer, restarted it and tried again… still nothing. Ran a check for new BIOS updates, none are available. :frowning:

3 Likes

Thank you for listing the steps you have tried out already PTRogerRocks,

At this point, post your System Files so we can have a closer look into this. Please go through the steps listed here, and create both the MSInfo and DxDiag files. Post them on a page like Pastebin.com or share directly with us through OneDrive. Post the links here afterwards as preformatted text (text between ``), so we can have a look.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Thanks, hope these help!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AknEneOl8B3Shj2cmSvLV-FfDezC
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AknEneOl8B3Shj4fIoiLIR4CCUGM

Heya PTRogerRocks,

Cheers for getting back to us with the files those were really helpful. I had a quick look into them and I suspect that this is in related to a Networking application called Smartbyte. Given the rest of your files, simply temporarily uninstalling this app should do the trick.

That didn’t help. Deleted all smartbyte related files then restarted the computer-still nothing. It’s like the install button isn’t hooked up to anything

Just to make sure, did you uninstall the program itself first, before deleting and left over files?

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Yeah I did. Deleted the program, didn’t work, so then I tried deleting the other files

Heya, thanks for coming back and sorry it didn’t work. Since you haven’t listed it as something you’ve tried before, can you reinstall the launcher itself? If you have done it already, can you please tell, if you can start installation of any of our other games? You don’t need to finish the process, at this point we’re trying to pinpoint the root of the problem. Thanks!

I’ve reinstalled the launcher, yes. Haven’t tried recently installing any games, but I did manage to download WoW a few months ago. I can delete it and try again as I don’t play it anymore, I’ll lyk what happens when I wake up

edit: Yep, I can install world of warcraft, no problems
edit 2: no idea why, but I opened it through a different route and it’s started working. Thanks for your help!

what do you mean by opening through a different route?

I am having the same problem as you were Roger. Any advice on how to solve this?

1 Like

hello my over watch is having the same issue as ptrogerrocks could you give me some advice please

Replying with a solution that seems to be working for me (it’s currently installing) if anyone needs it

I went to C:/Program Files (x86)/Battle.net and created a shortcut of “Battle.net” and put it on my desktop, and launched from there. On the second try it seems to be working.

1 Like

This Helped alot, Thankyou.

This account was hacked by an Italian. Please report it. I can write like this because I’m logged in, but I can’t enter the account setting.
Please help us prevent this account from being used by the hacked person.!!!

1 Like

how??? can you help and can i screenshare on discord and you help please

can you help me do it please bc im not brilliant at this so could we go on discord and you help me please