Can't launch game

I have been trying to play this game for some time now. Unfortunately it just does not work. My PC has an Intel core I5-8660K processor and a GTX1080 graphics card with latest version of Windows 10 installed. But here is the problem:

1. I click “Play” on Overwatch
  2. I see a black screen that is taking me to the game
  3. Wait for 5 seconds and the game stops, does not crash just nothing. Stops without telling me anything went wrong.

Other games like Heroes of the storm, Hearthstone and StarCraft 2 works fine on my computer, while Overwatch does not. I have been running “Scan and Repair” a few times (around five I think), have also reinstalled the game over and over again to see if that fixes it. Have even gone as far as trying it in compatibility mode, but that does not change anything, same screen stops after 5 seconds. What can I do? Or easier said, what should I do? Any more troubleshooting or any fix that might help?

With kind regards
AnonymSauce

Hey there AnonymSauce!

Sorry to hear you ran into trouble with Overwatch showing a black screen on launch. Please perform the steps here and see how it goes.

Hi,
I have below pasted a summary of all the steps from that page you linked, that may help. These are in response to how it has worked and if there is anything new.

1. I have checked for latest drivers and there are none.
  2. The game is running fine with Discord open.
  3. I think I have more than enough memory to keep all applications open, I have around 32 GB DDR4 RAM.
  4. I have not changed any video settings in the nvidia control panel, the settings are default already and have been since first time I played around 1 - 2 years ago.
  5. Have done a reset of the game options but same problem still
  6. I’m not playing on a laptop, still have power management settings cranked to maximum performance. Running on a 750 W power supply.
  7. The average temperature on the components is 80 degrees or less which is well under the maximum temperature of 100 degrees celsius. So I do not think overheating is any issue.

Hope this helps. I am gonna do another check for drivers, and I know that Nvidia does not need to update since I got that yesterday. Other than that I do not think there is any new drivers or anything from that page that might change this.

Exactly same problem. I lunch the game, black screen, and after few seconds it goes back to battlenet client like nothing happened. Tried everything described but nothing wroked. Tried to lunch the game without client, to lunch as administrator, to lunch with different OS compatibility but nothing change.

same problem here plus i tried all the steps that was linked and same issue…

After a lot of own research since, well it takes about 1 week to get any reply. I found out following: Overwatch black screen crash on launch
From that I launched MSInfo32 and saved all information to a file on desktop. In that file I searched for [Windows Error Reporting] with brackets around. In the first 4 lines found out that the error was because of Razers RzChromaSDK64.dll file. After uninstalling Razer software I did a full system search for “RzChromaSDK64.dll” just to be sure that it was deleted. It was not, in fact IF anyone is seeing this, then if YOU have RAZER, go to “C:\Windows\System32” and delete the file mentioned, RzChromaSDK64.dll that is. This solved the problem for me which the person replying from blizzard was not able to link to. Happy to get some help! Hopefully this will help others that come across similar problem.