Can't launch Overwatch

I can’t seem to launch Overwatch. I have the launcher open, but when I hit play, it immediately crashes. There isn’t an error message. I don’t know what’s going on.

9 Likes

Please upload your system files to pastebin.com and reply with the links to the files using the preformatted text option to encapsulate the links.

4 Likes

is the issue resolved? because i am having the same problem my game was working fine last week then all of a sudden it wont launch and theres no error code

2 Likes

I am having the same issue, I’ve updated operating system, drivers, reinstalled the game and deleted all blizzard and battle.net files etc. Tried everything but still nothing.

2 Likes

I was playing ow earlier today and it was fine but i went to load it up now and it loads onto a black screen and closes the game i updated graphics card drivers and motherboard chipset but it still doesnt work. what should i do? i uninstalled the game and re installed it and it only installed 380mb not 40gb or however much it is. is that an issue?

2 Likes

yea black screen and closes the game I have the same issue

2 Likes

i am having the same problem and the thing is why do we have to do all these files transfer stuff i dont no what any of this means i just want to play the game it must be a problem on your end blizzard

Yeah i got the same problem, i hit play, the screen turns black like it is going to start ,and then it throws me back to the desktop like “nope”.

1 Like

i have this problem aswell

Hey everyone,

For more info about this and steps to try, check out the support article here: Overwatch Doesn’t Launch.

If anyone is still having issues after working through all the steps, please feel free to reply and include your system files as per Ixthocaesil’s first reply and we can help take a look!

Everytime I click play my screen becomes black but then it shuts down and the game doesnt start

1 Like

I’m having this occur as well. It started as of last night after the DDOS attacks. Super odd.

So what do we need to do

Same, can’t log in , black screen , shut down , “play” ready again, and all over. no OW for me =(

1 Like

Nothing you can do. It is for Blizz to fix, and they appear ot be doing some maintenance soon (in the next few hours I believe).

Maintenance is over and it still isnt gone

Hello, when I start up my overwatch it goes to black screen and 5 seconds later it is crashed.

Everytime I click play my screen becomes black but then it shuts down and the game doesnt start

2 Likes

I am having the same issue, the game starts and then there is black screen and it crashes. At first there would be a message that said that the application was not running correctly, but now there are just 2 seconds of black screen and then it crashes

I had the same issue. I tried reinstalling battlenet, Overwatch without any affect. Nvidia drivers and Windows is all up to date. Went through the last changes on my system and saw that Razer Synapse had been updated recently. Uninstalling all Razer Synapse software on my system solved the problem and I can play Overwatch again.