Can't move and then black screen, EU servers

Is there a issue with overwatch servers and virgin media? Just had 2 games in a row where I suddenly can’t move, my character teleports all over the place and then I get a black screen with the ow logo in the bottom corner. 3 other people on my team had it happen to them at the exact same moment as me and all of them were also on virgin media.

1 Like

I’m with virgin media and had the same issue last night, super laggy and then it would go black and then eventually put me back in the game. I tried to scan and repair in battlenet but that keeps saying something is broken and to try again. Now it wont even let me open the game

It could be there was an issue on the ISP side or a problem along the route from them to the servers, thanks for the post, will keep an eye out for more reports.

If more people are having this issue and report it below please include your ISP and Country as this will help us identify if there is an ISP or Routing issue.

As to your problem GladStarling, this can usually be resolved by following the steps here.

I’m also with virgin media in GB and the exact same thing keeps happening to me where I start to lag, then I can’t move, I go to a black screen, and then I get disconnected from the game. I’ve now lost 100 rank points because of it and now have an 8-hour ban. Any help would be great.

I have had the exact same issue, GB with Virgin Media

I have the same issue as described above, though I have been having it for 3 days now. Netherlands, Ziggo.

Same here, GB with virgin media

I’ve had the same issue last night and for a while now, I’m virgin media GB. I play with the same team usually and this always happens with myself and one other person in my team who I’ve talked with now and they are also virgin media but in Ireland. It’s not a problem with our wifi because our latency and other stats are fine, and it’s always at the exact same time.