Community division

lets be honest, does this community know what it wants. Because this is how I see it, this ‘community’ is more a bunch of sub-communities with something in common, and that is OW.

I think its a fundamental issue with the game and cannot be fixed, since its well… also apart of human nature. Now I’m not acting like I’m on some high horse here, I’ll use myself as an example. I hate Widowmaker, I believe she is broken in many different ways and I want nerfs, HOWEVER there’s people who would easily disagree with that, since well… we’re human, with opinions (damn humanity).
And also I’m a flex (ana main support, DF main DPS and Road tank main). I know many people have problems with Doomfist, where I would disagree and oppose that idea.

But theres a problem in general with this issue, how are the devs supposed to balance the game, if we struggle to decide between the rest of us. Imagine this situation, the devs post a poll (which is something they’ll never do) but imagine it. With one multiple choice question, lets say the topic of this poll would be ‘should we keep Mercy super jump’ I chose this because its relevant as the time I’m writing this, two very simple answers to choose from ‘yes, keep it’ or ‘no, fix it’. The amount of division wouldn’t help the devs.

What I’m trying to say is, we can’t act like we know how to balance the game, when ‘we’ the ‘community’ can’t decide things around ourselves. Its partially why I agree with Seagull, with hero bans. Balancing the game ourselves would be interesting. It may lead to some abusive meta’s. But I’d take anything over the current state of OW, but I need to accept as well as some people that we don’t really know what we want between us as a community.

I’m not out to offend or insult anyone in this post, it just needed to be said. Its just I see this community becoming more divided every patch, and its starting to show, its ruining both the game and the community.

1 Like

It’s just natural though. People are bound to have different opinions about things, that’s the way the world works. In the end it’s the devs who make the decisions, and I am pretty sure they base that more on stats and less on player feedback, unless very one-sided feedback.

To say that divided opinions are ruining the game and community is a very long stretch…

As any other given “community” of people they are vicious and lashing out at anybody, one of the reasons why mankind has no place in the Universe.