Comp tdm ranking system is broken?

So, played with my friend all 10 placement matches, he got 3009 sr and i got 2375 (I think). Okey, we played every 10 matches together, we both are in normal ranked more or less diamond players with every role, so how i got so much less SR than my friend? Is it bug? Or is hidden sr broken?. I would understand if there were 100-200 sr gap, but almost 650sr? I am sorry, but i dont think tdm ranked system works as it should.

What was your SR for 1st season in Comp TDM ?:stuck_out_tongue:

Dont have, played first time ranked tdm as did my friend

Here’s the thing: when you first play(ed) a specific comp version (TDM, FFA, CTF, etc), it took your regular SR and sorted you accordingly. You did have the chance back in those seasons to rank up or down and the following season (mind you, that’s a whole year later where you’ve probably developed a lot) would sort you at the SR you finished in.

Example:
I was silver for a long time cause I didn’t bother playing comp.
Played CTF - got ranked silver.
Played for a year, climbed to plat.
Played 2nd season of CTF - started in silver and didn’t play because it didn’t feel fair to stomp on players that were 1000 SR below me.

1st season TDM, I was gold at the time (about to climb to plat in comp), got placed in gold.
Ranked up in TDM, climbed to plat.
In the meantime I hardly every played more than the placements for comp (not even those at times), dropped a bit into mid gold (I think, don’t quote me on that).
Did my placements for TDM season 2, (6-4), got ranked plat, which is perfectly consistant with where I was in season 1.

Hope that explains how utterly bad the system is and how your discrepancies might have arisen.

In normal comp i am stuck at silver and can never seem to get higher, i got so mad with loosing that i just do the placement matches and leave it. But team deathmatch is my fave got mid gold and still win most of the matches. I see what your saying about your friend having a diffrent sr. I did my placement matches on my own but when i did my placement matches for 3v3 elim i did them with a friend and even though he played better we got the exact same sr. I guess team deathmatch counts how much healing/damage/kills you get? Maybe your friend got more?

Well he played mostly dps and i healer, but that doesnt seems fair, i mean, in tdm kills are what you need, but cmon, every tdm comp i played enemy team had atleast one healer too. So if game gives you more sr depending how many kill you got, i would say it aint fair . I mean, who wants to play healer with these rules?
Either tdm comp is broken, or when they made this they didnt know what they were doing

It does seem a little strange tbh if anything the healer is more important! But it looks like its based on damage done if he played DPS which isnt fair i agree