Competitive win/loss ratio rigged

I am a 4k+ dps player. I can quite literally play any dps except for hanzo, widow, tracer. Lately I have been playing at around 3.9 against top 500s and winning with good coordination and by my mechanical skill. Suddenly I go on a losing streak to 3.4. But these that I played on that losing streak were full of people not in voice, general inters that cost us fights and general toxic people. I seriously think the system is rigged. I go from around 9 winstreak to a 7 lose streak. IF I am out playing people in gm rank then why am I getting paired with trolls and toxic poeple? Is the system rigged to stop people climbing a certain amount. Before you reply to this don’t just say “Get good” “Play better” because you’re only making yourself feel better. Please only genuine discusion not condescending comments. I also think an mmr reset is needed. There are too many people around masters that think they can 1v6 and int every fight. Genuinely takes nothing for you guys to do an mmr reset so please consider it.

2 Likes

The simple fact that a team game like OW uses an ELO rating system (individual) is enough to explain why nothing works. You are getting your individual rating based on people that aren’t YOU.
It’s simple chaos. I’ve played on every bracket from Silver to mid-high diamond and I can tell I have noticed absolutely no difference in the average player’s skill level. Everyone is basically the same tier and the pure crappyness and randomness of the system just keeps shuffling people around.

…Except GM and top 500 players. Have you ever watched them stream? did you know that when a GM loses a game his rating barely moves?

Once you get there, you don’t leave. Which is also another reason why a hard reset of the MMR won’t happen again. Can you imagine pros and famous streamers having to climb again and getting stuck on plat/diamond? Would be chaos.

2 Likes

All I want is people in voice and communication. Yet I’m usually the one talking, but nobody listens. Even to variable callouts. Sometimes I feel like people Don’t understand the tactics, pace, value and ult management. I simply cannot get my team to work with me or my teammates. Out of 150 games this season I’ve had 3 matches where we had extremely good coordination, riving targets, follow ups, ult tracking etc.
But my next game feels like 2 brackets lower.
I’ve lost 80% of my games this season, and there is nothing I can do about it.
Dropped from 3.2k to around 2.6k on tank/dps - healer is jumping between plat/diamond.

I can’t. If you’re GM, you wont get stuck on plat or diamond. People in those ranks just have no idea how much better those players are. I should know, because I used to think so to. I changed my mind after I had the chance to play a few 1v1 against a friend who was 3.4 when I was 2.3 or so. He killed me before I even had time to react, over and over again.

I’m in a 2.8k team and we play scrims from time to time. We also sometimes play against a fellow friendly team that is 3.4k or so, and normally we are glad when we manage to cap the first point once in 4 matches. And that team once played a match against a 4.2k team or so, and they didn’t even made it out of spawn.

2 Likes

Either you are blind or you are lying. There is a huge difference between the ranks. Recently I decided to rank up an old account of mine which I didn’t play on to the rank Iam actually at. In other words: Low plat to masters. I lost a total of 7 games and at least 2-3 I probably could have won if I had tried hard enough. I got accused of smurfing and everything (which I technically was doing but how else am I supposed to get that account ranked up?) I absolutely demolished players at 3.2k which is only 400-500 sr below my current sr. So yea there is a difference.

However I have to agree with you that some people would actually get stuck in diamond but it wouldn’t be the famous streamers it would be a few long time gm onetricks.

I am not sure toxic player, people having a bad day, people having a bad game is really a system issue.

The matchmaker only works on numbers, it cannot factor in allowances for the large number of idiots that play this game.

MMR reset would be pointless really. There would be months of dog poo, imbalanced games. And you would still have the same idiots playing that caused all the problems in the first place.

Sadly, that portion of the player base is the main issue.