Completely random disconnect

Was just in a competitive game and the game disconnected me. I haven’t had a disconnect in a really long time and I wasn’t able to log back into Battle net. I went on Chrome to see if it was my internet or the servers, and all other internet worked fine, leading me to assume it was the servers. After trying multiple times I still wasn’t allowed to log back into the game and when I eventually did the ‘Rejoin Match’ button didn’t work. I got a message saying ‘failed to connect to server’ and then got penalised. I’m wondering if someone can look into this? Thanks.

Hello ActualBot,

At the moment we’re not aware of any issue on our servers. Keep in mind that, due to the way internet connections work, sometimes a disconnection or other issues can only affect specific services or games. You can read a bit more about it here.

Let’s start with some troubleshooting so we can discard the most common causes of this kind of issue. Please, check this article and make sure you follow all the instructions, including the advanced steps:
battle.net/support/article/99037

If the issue persists, we will need some data so we can investigate:

• Details of issue:
  • Date/time it started:
  • City/Country:
  • Internet Provider:
  • Traceroute (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)
  • Pathping (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)
  • WinMTR (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)

Got feedback about the support I’m providing? Leave your comments here!

1 Like