Connecting to the wrong ip or servers, and have high ping with delay. HELP

Hello Technical Support

HELP. I have recently started playing again on an account that I lent to a friend in the UK, and as soon as I went in to a game I had high ping. Note that i wasn’t lagging but there was merely a delay in all of my actions. Such as when a shot hits, when i go left and right. It was exactly what I was experiencing when I tried to play on american servers a while ago. And I don’t care about this account much so this wouldn’t have bothered me. But it has spread to my main account (this one). My main account used to be at 30 ping and is now at 180 stably with the delay. I think my accounts are connecting to a wrong ip or server and I don’t know how to fix it. Please help and thank you in advance.

With regards Tailo

Hi Tailo,

Firstly, sharing accounts isn’t something that’s allowed under our EULA, and while it may seem like a harmless action, it is not good for the security of your account, and you’d be responsible for anything your friend decided to do while on the account

As for the latency you’ve been experiencing, that’s not something that’d be related to any login locations for your account. I’d recommend going through the Latency Problems guide on our website, as that tackles the majority of issues that can cause lag

If you still have problems after that, Overwatch has a great Network Graph tool to help diagnose network problems, and gives a breakdown of what you’re seeing on there. We can also help you to read that if you share a screenshot with us

Dear Galcavon,

Thank you. I have tried the following tips for latency problems and have fixed the issue. I am sorry for sharing my account. I will hold myself accountable if there are repercussions and will not do so again. Thank you for your time.

Tailo