Constant fps drops and input lag

I bounce from 70 to 30 frames on both high and low settings, I’ve tried all the trouble shooting available and i’m still getting the same.
Im running:
Geforce GTX 1080
AMD Ryen 7 1700x
16GB ram

Hello Shortbread,

Please check if you have already tried all the steps in this guide we made.

If the problem persists please try these additional steps:

• If you have any overclocked component please bring those back to the factory clock rate
  • Check the Limit FPS setting in-game. Change it to “Display Based” to get higher FPS
  • Check in the game Settings if the “Reduce Buffering” option is enabled. If so, disable the option and then check to see if the FPS has improved
  • While the game is running alt-tab or place the game in windowed mode. Goto the Windows Start Menu → Select: Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Right click on Speaker Device select: Properties → Goto the Spatial Sound tab → Turn it ON.

If nothing works please provide your System Files. You can upload those on Pastebin and then write here the Pastebin link using the preformatted text option ( </> )

Whats happening Shilmael,

I’ve given the steps in the guide a try and I’m still getting the same fps drop and input lag. (I don’t think i missed any steps but i could be wrong i’m rather tired).

Here is the paste big with the information you requested https://pastebin.com/M6U6CHaD

Hope to hear from you soon.

xx

Hey Shortbread,

You are using an old version of the video drivers so please update those to the new 441.87 on the Nvidia driver download page

Test the game, if the problem is still there try performing a selective startup and test the game again after the PC reboot.

If the problem persists we will need to see your MsInfo file since you attached only the DxDiag so do the same procedure on Pastebin but this time generate the MsInfo

Yo Shilmael,

I’ve given these ago and there is no change still getting fps drops and input lag.

Sorry I forgot to add the link to the Msinfo https://pastebin.com/ZDVVfGT8

Hope to hear from you soon

xx

Thanks for the submitted files. Let’s try removing some of the external programs you have and that are known to cause issues with Overwatch performance, please completely uninstall the following:

• Razer Chroma SDK
  • Razer Game Manager
  • Razer Central Service
  • LGHUB - Logitech G Hub mouse software
  • Discord has an overlay integrated that can cause crashes/performance issues. Check loaded modules for overlay
  • Windows 10 Game Bar check on Google how to completely remove it

Also please keep in mind to completely close utorrent when testing these solutions and in general when playing Overwatch. Make sure it is closed and not only minimized

Should you do all the above with no success please post a new copy of the MsInfo file generated after you did all the steps above. So we can narrow down the possible causes

I’ve already removed the razer Chroma SDK, Razer Game Manager, Razer Central Service, game bar and I don’t use the discord overlay.
Iv’e now removed the LGhub but there does not seem to be any changes.

here is the new msinfo as you requested https://pastebin.com/0wMexx9E

Hope to hear from you soon

xx

1 Like

hi shortbread,
i got same lag problem like yours. i was also GTX1080 with 16GB ram . want to know if you also live in Germany with unitymedia cablenetz. If so, may be we are having the same issue.

Yo Kuman,

Sorry i’m in the east of England i’m afraid.

xx

i thought i can blame my internet supporter for it…but you just throw it back to server problem

Hey Kuman,

I’ve been having a fiddle and a friend of mine said to give reinstalling razer synopsis and IDK why but it seems to have fixed the issue, I dont know if this will help you.

xx