Crash after leaving game

So, this started happening a few days ago and has been happening after leaving a quick play match

At around 6 or 7 seconds in to searching for a new match, the game crashes. No error messages or anything, but the game locks up and requires a pc restart to even close it. Every so often it will instead disconnect from the server, reconnect and allow me to carry on as normal

I haven’t found any mention of anything like this online.

I’ve tried reinstalling, verifying game files and I’m running the game with nothing in the background and no overlays.

PC:

i5-3570k
Gtx 1080
16gb RAM

Any ideas?

Hey there Jatix

It seems you might have outdated graphic card drivers so I would advise that you update your drivers to the most recent one available that ishere.

The update should fix your issue but if it does not, the best thing to do is to also try to follow these troubleshooting steps which cover most of the causes for crashes in Overwatch.

Should you still have issues after performing all those steps, just reply back to this post with your system files sent via pastebin.

Have a great day :slight_smile:

Hi,

None of the above worked and the memory diagnostic showed no issues

System files:

MSinfo: pastebin .com/1LCpfcwC
DxDiag: pastebin .com/zxV9skNJ

Not sure if this helps, but this week I’ve managed to play 3 rounds of Junkenstein before the game crashed after the third - this happened twice in 2 days.

Thanks

Edit:

So I’ve actually managed to fix this myself. For anyone that finds this in the future, it seems to be to do with headset or mouse software.

I formatted my Pc a few months ago and didn’t bother to reinstall the Logitech software for my peripherals since I rarely used it. I don’t know what changed in Overwatch 2 weeks ago to make missing the software an issue, but installing it again fixed the problem. I’ve used the same Logitech mouse and headset without the software for months with no issues.

Thanks anyway

1 Like