Cross-progression

Will we be able to carry our stuff over from ow1? I played ow1 on ps4 and wanna take my stuff to ow2 on pc. Is this possible?

Yeah they said it will have full cross progress over all platforms, basically your progress is related to your battle.net profile. Check the official news and YT channel.

1 Like

I actually don’t think they’ve answered this specific question just yet. Yes, they’ve been clear that your Overwatch unlocks will carry over to Overwatch 2; and, yes, they have said that Overwatch 2 will have cross-progression, but they haven’t specifically said whether items earned on one platform in the original Overwatch, will show up in your Overwatch 2 account on another platform.

As an example, here’s my dilemma:

• I played 400+ hours of Overwatch on PS4 and have a lot of items I want to keep
  • I’m most likely to play Overwatch 2 on Xbox Series S

I’ve hunted the FAQs etc., and as of the time of writing, it doesn’t explicitly state anywhere that your original Overwatch progress from one console, would transfer to Overwatch 2 on another platform.

What I don’t want to do, is buy the Watchpoint Pack on Xbox, and then have the system designate that as my primary platform for Overwatch 2, possibly rendering it impossible to bring stuff over from my original Overwatch account on PlayStation.

I 100% agree that they’ve been clear that Overwatch 2 will have cross-progression, but I don’t think things are as clear re. the jump from the original to the new game.

(NB If this post sounds a little fraught, it’s because similar issues with Destiny 2 cross-progression have cost me a significant amount of money in the past.)

Update: just a fun addition to this post, to let you know this exact scenario just happened to me on day one of free-to-play Fall Guys. Logged in on Switch for the first time, it didn’t pull over anything from my PlayStation profile (though both are connected to Epic); logged back in to PlayStation: all my items are missing because the Switch is now designated as my ‘primary’ profile. Currently doing the ‘contact support’ dance, but I’m feeling less paranoid about my related Overwatch → Overwatch 2 fears!

Any news on this?
I have the exact same question, and been hesitant to buy the pack because of this.

Yep, same: I would have bought the pack by now if I knew which way this would go, but there’s been no answer anywhere as far as I can tell.