Discussion about golden guns!

I personaly believe that golden guns shouldn’t be earned through playing competitive and earning cp, i am a player who loves the games cosmetics, for example the only reason i play fortnite is to level up and get the skins with the free battle pass. As they do with the first 2 skins and the last one, they require you to earn xp to get the stages. You can upgrade a samurai into a dinosaur and a lame ass no beard pirate into a badass glowing chest skeleton with torn clothing! I would like to see the same in overwatch in the form of specific stuff for each character that matches their kit. NOT for their roll because imagine roadhog trying to get damage blocked XD. Like with Lucio you have to get x environmental kills to get the golden gun or with Ana to heal x hitpoints. It can vary from hero to hero. And not stay only for the gold, there can be something like a plat or a diamond gun for more of what someone has to do. Like 10.000 hp healed for ana for a silver and 20.000 hp for a gold. I am not so good with numbers but i think it’s a good idea. But i can hear you ask what is going to happen with all the player who are close to getting one like they have 2999 cp? We all get 1 free golden gun of our choice. And for those of you who say that it is unfair for all the big players who had to get better and clime the ranks to get the golden guns, hey, hey had a better time from us without smurfs, boosted accounts and a better game in general.

1 Like

smurfs don’t care about skins or guns, smurfs care about staying at the mid ranks and completely ruining the games of the people who actually belong in those ranks

why?.. because hey its not their main and they don’t care

2 Likes

I didn’t say that we have to make smurfs happy as well, i said that many people will think that if this change happens now that the top tier players have earned the golden guns by playing comp, it may be unfair for them. And my arguement for this was that overwatch was in a better state when THEY played comp

gold guns are ugly xD only one i have is on zenyatta (Ra skin or sunyatta but i allways go with Ra)

other then that, lootboxes are their moneymaker. and ranked is pretty much useless as it is (and trolled by smurfs and throwers)

No, nearly all smurfs just want to play with their friends at lower ranks, literally confirmed by every t500 player.

mhmm then why do they play genji and tracer? and why are those smurfs always solo players?.. if they’re “playing with friends” ?

No smurf ever wants to “stay” in there rank, that’s stupid, do you know how stupid that sounds? “Hey I am a GM smurf but I will stay in silver just to piss you guys off” no man that just doesn’t happen.

You think that because you’re most likely some sub par average player that sits mid gold or entry level plat that has no idea on how higher elo players actually go around playing with their friend, my main sits at 4.2k but I rarely ever play on it because I have 2 hours a day and weekend to play with my friends and they are both plat and climbing, I can’t play with them so I created another account so I could do placements with them and play comp with them, trust me, no high skilled player will ever want to stay lower than their main rank.

yes… yes they do… because they are bored at their own rank and prefer to ruin other peoples times, same reason cheaters cheat

Sorry, I retract my statement about you being a sub par player, you must be entry level silver to even believe that.

I play in plat, which majority of players do… and yes it happens there all the time, whether you believe it or not

golds guns are soooooo ugly!
You can only match them with the posh skins basically… they need to add more options!

ideally maybe a 3rd cosmetic accessory item of some sort so you can at least have a somewhat unique look maybe come up with some particularly cool combination…

anyway they need to add more gun options! and not just earned in competative… not everyone like playing competitive… i avoid it unless i am in a pre-established group with voice chant… then at least it enjoyable most of the time… though i just play for the company more then for any particular urge to play competitive… half the time i barely even make the placement matches…

gold is soooo tacky!!! it’s what people with no style think looks cool!

it has it’s place… like if Genji’s swords actually had proper tsuba’s then some fine inlay work with gold detailing could look neat… (i find the lack off any tsuba’s on his swords highly disturbing… total miss by the art team… then again i love blacksmithing and metal work so i take an interest in stuff like that)

damn it! blizzard art team what is up with the booring industrial looking swords?!! what about a traditional look?!

Ok i see everyone talking about the smurfs getting golden guns. I didn’t meat that. I was thinking that some people will think that if this system is implemented into the game NOW it will be unfair for the old players that earned the golden guns by climing the ranks and not by just playing 1 hero. I don’t care about smurfs getting golden guns. I want to help jeff find a better way for us to earn those guns. He has said that they don’y like the fact that they added cosmetic items to the competitive ladder and i think this way is better for earning the golden guns.

And for those of you who say that they are ugly, i also mentioned adding more stones exept of gold like silver plat diamond ruby emerald etc

Or a different design, more or less all of them are ugly and only because they are fully gold. If it had only few golden details the overall weapons would look so much nicer. Locking the weapons behind a certain achievement could make people focus on acquiring the achievement instead of the game in progress. It’s hard to determine conditions for such things.

I totally feel like they should change it up about how you earn golden weapons for heroes.

Because we all know that most of the players in ow only plays comp to get those weapons, and tbh i’m one of those ppl too. Sure i totally enjoy the challange in comp, and i think it’s fun to play as well.

But i’m not sure how blizzard could change it up to earn them in another way, because we already have cute & pixel sprays for their ults and stuff.

So they have to come up with something new that you have to do.

But i also like the idéa of having gold/platinum/diamond weapons, and not only gold.

Stylosa had an interesting suggestion about the golden guns and such. He suggested having different unlockable cosmetics for the guns - so diamond, platinum, bronze - that you could use competitive points for.

But what i’d like to see is that you can unlock different colour cosmetics for your gun if you achieve certain things.

For example - get 100 headshots as Widowmaker gives you a ‘Ruby’ colour gun. Kill 100 players with use of the venom mine for ‘Sapphire’.

At least then it would encourage people to play all the characters and give them a goal other than ‘win for points’.

!READ THE ENTIRE REPLY!

@LilMsJester
THAT’S WHAT I SAY!!! WE :clap: CAN :clap: HAVE :clap: MORE :clap: STONES! Before you reply read the whole post. It drives me crasy and like everyone that replied to this post hasn’t read the whole of it.

@GayTea

What i suggested, which you didn’t see and just saw the title and rushed to reply without listening to anything of what i said, is to have chalenges/achievements like fortnite where you unlock styles for skins by earning xp but in overwatch we can do it like having to score some stuff depending on your kit. For example damage blocked for rein and orisa, healing done for ana and moira, deaths prevented for baptiste, environmetnal kills for lucio etc.