Don't people get banned anymore?

I haven’t gotten a single notification for the last at least 3 months and I’ve played with people being blatantly racist, sexist, throwing games by staying at spawn or continually jumping off the map. What is going on here?

4 Likes

Nope they turned off the report feature because people kept abusing leading to hundreds if not thousands of false positives (I should know I was one of them… being banned for abusive chat despite never actually using any in game communication of any kind… most likely because I’m a bastion main)

So no… people dont get banned because the children which are this community abused a stupid system designed by a cheap skate company

4 Likes

No one has ever demonstrated that they were banned without reason, and people are still getting banned today.

how can they when according to the TOS you’re not allowed to discuss, or show anything proving/disproving a ban on the forums?

2 Likes

In that case blizzard doesn’t follow up and investigate… and proves the system was broken to begin with

1 Like

no they don’t, I was told by a customer service representative along with the standard “copypasta - we have investigated and have proof that we are lazy jackass’ who don’t actually investigate or care at all if its correct and so we’re upholding the ban and wont look into it again”… that!.. and I quote… “not communicating in a team based game can be considered abusive chat”…

after I had queried why I was banned for abusive chat despite not communicating at all of course

Oh please, people abused that system hard.

1 Like

Yep i reported many people that flamed in chat and no action was taken. It’s weird because when i first brought the game 6 months or so. I always got a notification about a ban/warn when i reported someone. Now i got none even after a month of reporting flamers. Think it got something to do with ow2 or something. Because it’s weird.

1 Like

Yeah I used to get quite a few notifications after reporting. I only report players when they are super toxic such as wishing death upon someone or being racist.

But for some reason I haven’t been receiving any notifications as of January I believe. So I have kinda given up on reporting.

No, they realised they were quickly banning the whole population.
There are far too many selfrighteous individuals just indiscriminately reporting people.
This community isn’t capable of handling that kind of responsibility.
Because we’re ignorant subhuman trash. Do you understand that?
We are not enlightend human beings, oke.
Removing bans from the game is probably the most intelligent decission the devs made.

2 Likes

Young punks get of my lawn!

I hate children! wish i could filter out the little sniveling brats! they rarely have anything good to say on voice chat and if they do invariably they have a crappy headset and an annoying high pitched voice.

I basically side with Roald Dahl’s witches! turn them all into rats and feed them to cats!

4 Likes

The report system doesn’t work. If it would there would be way less people being abusive or trolling. But since Blizz allows everyone to say and do everything without any sort of punishment whatsoever those people can ruin games for normal people 24/7.
This game will stay a toxic cesspool until Blizz implements a real “1 strike and you’re out forever” rule. If people can’t behave they should be excluded, in game and in real life.

I got suspended for saying “Ez” and also got suspended because someone on my team (toxic) didn’t like the fact I said I was gona report him for toxicity, so he reported me as well and I got banned.
Tell me more about how the system is not working.

I got a thanks for reporting back this week. First one for ages.

Always report any form of abuse, especially racism, smurfs and comp leavers.

Leaving a game is not reportable, blizzard already take care of rage quitters.

It is reportable, I reported one last night. Was no problem.

You won’t find “leaving a game” in any of the reportable reasons.

It’s gameplay sabotage.

no, its not… someone who doesn’t want to play the match, leaving it and opening up the spot for a backfill is more beneficial for the team left in the map… than forcing people to stay in the match and just not try because they cant be bothered wasting their time

All I want is players being banned from comp for a season, for throwing games (going afk) based on other players hero picks.