Easy fix to the queue problem!? Please Upvote!

So here is an easy fix that i think you could try in Experimental.
Currently the problem is that if you queue for all 3 roles you will always be dumped into one with the lowest wait time. That is why people queue just for one role and this created unnecessary wait time. If instead of useless XP you would give people that fulfill other roles as DPS first, a reduced queue time on DPS the problem would be solved.

Example I select all 3 roles. I finish one game as Tank and one game as Healer. Currently the game is again putting me in a Tank role over and over and over and over. I would expect the game to after i played 2 games as a support role to put me in a dps role with greatly reduced wait time - because why would i select 3 roles if i never get to play DPS. There is no reward for selecting multiple roles currently. No i dont give a damn about XP. This would motivate more players to actually queue for different roles, because ā€¦ who wants do wait 10minutes?

Why is this not an option beeing explored?

If you like this suggestion please comment below so this gains some traction :wink:

because selfish DPS players only ever queue for DPS so shoving them back in the queue because the flex player played tank/healer makes them have to wait longerā€¦

and DPS players spend more money on skins and alt accounts, hence why everything is geared to suit themā€¦

its the reason that brig wasnā€™t allowed to be viable, its the reason the tanks have been nerfed into nothing but ult batteries, all because the DPS just wanna Pew pew and donā€™t care about ā€œteam playā€

2 Likes

witch is why theres cod tf2 doom many more baby games pew pew. but no they have to overwatch act like it. selfish dps should be banned or something?. games better off with out selfish players.

1 Like

OMG do you actually think that someone is going to read your blabla nosay everyone else does it better / is stupid? Please no one cares keep it constructive!

ohh im sorry, I thought we were having a debate, not a ā€œlets praise your suggestionā€ session

if you donā€™t like discussion, donā€™t post on a forum, write it on a sticky note and put it on your wall

2 Likes

What are you discussing about? You are basically agreeing with me but blaming stupid DPS. I am saying everyones selecting DPS because they want to play DPS at some point. How evil - Surprise!

1 Like

something like that?. the game has like no healers and no tanks not many want
its like they wish to play dps all life long before death.

1 Like

I agree with you, flex players should be rewarded, I disagree because your suggestion wont ever be consideredā€¦

blizzard loves its DPS players too much, the people who donā€™t play tank or healer everā€¦ and I stated the reasons why its obvious

if you want to play DPS queue like everyone else, if not, plenty of tank and healer slots open and waiting to be filled because of DPS only players

2 Likes

Thank you now thats a constructive discussion.
I would still estimate 1/3rd of the playerbase to like playing Tank or Heal.
Which is not unsuprising considering the character roster is basically 2/3rd DPS

What i am saying is ā€¦ It would be nice if we could get a mod or Experimental game to see how this goes .

it has nothing to do with the size of the tank and healing roster in contrast to the DPS roster, because only about 6 DPS heros are played by the majorityā€¦ which is the same as the tanks/healers

those 6 are Widow, Hanzo, Ashe, Mcree, Genji and tracer, yes occasionally others are played but no where near as much as those 6ā€¦

its an interesting idea, but it will never happen because it does not pander to the DPS only players who only play those 6 heros

2 Likes

Point taken - still think it requires some datapoint to see if this would work.

In higher ranks, where you can wait hours for a DPS slot, people might abuse this by queueing for tank/support and then throw the match to get back to queue as fast as possible.

No dont believe anyone is waiting hours for a game.
People throw games just because you look at them wrong for a split sec, shout at you, leave you with 5v6 and you still win the game. That is the mentality we are facing.
The question is how many actually do that - right?
If it is a high percentage then you would need to incentivise good behaviour.
Letā€™s say based on Endorsement Level - oh look we found a use for that!

A member of a discord Iā€™m in that was GM DPS literally stopped playing OW because he had to wait over 5 hours to get a match. Granted, this was right at the beginning of role queue, and I believe the times have improved somewhat, but you still see twitch GM streamers being in queue for 90 minutes or more.

MAYBEā€¦ (maybe?) the answer is to just make every hero a DPS hero. Or at least bring them closer to that role. And then they can remove 2-2-2 (if thatā€™s part of the problem.)

Tanking is horrible. Rein will always be too strong. Double shield. None of the tanks FEEL like an FPS shooter. Easily CCd. Slow to play. Big hitboxes.

Healing is horrible. Valk canā€™t out-heal Dragon Strike. Zen is horrific. Brig has been all over the place. Immo is broken as a mechanic.

So: think about how little work it would take to shift all tanks over to damage. Not a lot. Theyā€™re already designed in part to deal ā€˜someā€™ damage. Road, D.Va, Monkey and Ball are VERY straightforward. Sigma has enough kit to not need a shield. Rein could focus on Charge, FS and Hammer, with better CDs. Orisa can just die, tbh.

Ana has a decent damage kit. Zen, too. Bap, too. Brig, certainly. Mercy could merge beams and keep Pistol and Rez.

Damage could be flattened across the board to account for little-to-no shields, Snipers reworked. The damage pacing would be more MOBA than FPS. But that would be fine for the most part. No?

Okay, so itā€™s not going to happen (in part because the roots of the game have grown deep) but I think a big part of why people donā€™t play tanks is because Blizzard makes playing them feel like a chore. Even most of the Ultimates are there so other players can get kills. Shatter, Grav, Flux, Supercharger (zzZZZzz). Mines are okay but very obvious and predictable. Mech leaves Baby D.Va vulnerable. Whole Hog leaves Hog vulnerable and disables his greatest asset (Hook). Primal is meh.

Thereā€™s nothing as cool or as different as Blade. Nothing as fast as Barrage. Nothing as devastating as EMP. Tanks just donā€™t have the highlight reel feel that lots of DPS heroes do. And thatā€™s a problem. The primary goal of any shooting game (at the atomic level!) is to shoot things (and kill them)ā€¦ and thereā€™s just more ways AND more FUN ways to do that as DPS.

So make every hero more of a DPS with tanking and healing abilities as flavour.

No.

This would further breed into the culture of people that queue for tanks and healers for all the wrong reasons. Currently, some people do it out of sheer boredom and it clogs up both QP and Comp with people in roles they donā€™t care about. In quick play it costs people time and fun, in comp it costs people SR and their sanity.

Then to only add to this because people want ā€œGolden ticketsā€ to dps?

No. Big fat, hard no. Itā€™d be the furthest from a ā€œsolutionā€ it could ever be.

1 Like

Well i value your opinion greatly - thanks for voicing it - but no offence i believe otherwise.

To me it looks more like people are scared of playing Tank because you quickly get called out if you do something wrong. I mean look a the experimental games only 1 Tank and even less people want to play Tank, because it is even more responsibility. I completely understand.

It is at least a suggestion and we easily could make this happen, data just says much more than any opinion ever could. You are telling me it is not even worth trying? I could point out a myriad of scenarios where people believed something to be bad, where they ended up linking it. Do you have any concrete realistic suggestion then?

I would also suggest testing 2.3.2

Iā€™m a tank main. Check my previous postā€™s I loved 1-3-2. Literally everything you said is invalid from where I sit. What you think about what any of this would do and what you think about people and ā€œresponsibilityā€.

2-3-2 is also not going to work as all heroā€™s are balanced around 6v6 gameplay. Their abilities, their HP pools, even their movement speed.

What you think you understand, you really donā€™t.

The only thing that brings this game back to what it was is erasing all the artificial boundaries imposed by hero rotation, map pools and role locks. And given that OWL exists and the player base it at OW teams balancing purely for OWL game play as they have sunk so much money into it - what either of us thinks, doesnā€™t really matter. As always, ACTIVISION/Blizzard is a law unto itā€™s self and would rather kill a game before considering rolling back a bad decision. Watched it happen for 13 years with WoW before I quit, seeing all the same patterns here.

Iā€™m disengaging. Believe what you want, just remember I said all this when nothing happens.