Ergonomic problem with sustained fire mercy in particular

Ok so been playing storm rising on expert level as mercy and DAMN! that dificulty is evil! 3 freaking heavies at once at the end is just nasty!

anyway i spend basically the whole level pressing the left mouse button and after 3 attempt it’s freaking cramping up…

Mercy needs a auto-fire mode… like double click to activate the mode an a single click to disengage it… and maybe a long click to temporarily break lock-on so you can re-target it for another hero before letting go and resuming auto-heal…

that would solve the ergonomic… after all Overwatch is not intended to be a finger torture application…

you have an auto-crouch option so that helps the ergonomics there but this you’ve over looked…

though it may also just be that much worse in this game mode since there is no good pauses in between as the enemy team as to regroup…

it would still make sense to implement this tough regardless of mode.

1 Like

Controls > Mercy > Toggle Beam Connection: ON
One click and you can let go of the heal/damage boost.
Click again with a different MB to change the stream.

3 Likes

ok well now i feel stupid lol… it was there all along…
never actually needed it before that stupid event lol… :rofl:

Here, have a like. Had the same issue myself, and because I never play Mercy outside of MH, I never bothered to check stuff like that.

if nothing else this post may help highlight this feature that i and other overlooked hopefully saving some ones trigger finger from being strained due to the grooling unrelenting grind of the higher difficulties on some of the event modes…

in normal games you get natural breaks… but in this mode not so much…