"Failed to connect to server", happened twice tonight, lost 50 points each time

Hey, just got done talking to Rotanina (awesome support!), and I was informed to come here to make a post about the issue. Played overwatch for about 4 hours tonight, about 2 hours ago, my 2 friends and I experienced a mass DC in game, all of the players (including all 3 of us) lost 50 sr, and had a 10 minute ban. about 30 minutes ago, we queued up, match was found, but the map didn’t even load. still at the main menu screen, the bottom left corner chat box says (failed to connect to server), and we lost another 50 SR and recieved a 30 minute ban, without even leaving the main menu screen.

Is there anything that can be done? I have a 1 minute video of it happening, would love to post but no clue how/where. If any more information is needed, please let me know.

Thank you,
Chan.

It didn’t only affect ranked matches, but QP as well. We hat a wonderfull group and just started Hanamura when suddenly about 30 seconds into the match people got thrown out and the remaining ones were sent back to skirmishing due to the lack of players. This also resulted in being removed from the group. Set up a new group and things would be as you described. Whenever a match was found and it should have loaded the mqp, some couldn’t connect and were left with a black screen. This is a network routing issue, I am assuming. Either internally within Battlenet or with one of their provider peers. If you Google theh “failed to connect” it will bring up threads here where this very issue happened before.

The initial “kick” happened at around 0200 CEST, I think, and from then on it was all messed up. Sometimes it would work for a few maps - but with weird lag issues - and sometimes it would not. I guess someone out there pulled a plug for maintenance, and from then on players were bottlenecked though a backup route that couldn’t keep up with the resulting traffic and simply resulted in client or server not being able to establish a connection in time because whatever Response is needed from either to get going was lost somewhere in cyberspace.

Hey all,

We are looking into this at the moment. To help out, please provide the requested information in this thread. I’m locking this thread here now, but please do post in the linked thread to help out with the investigation.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!