Failed to connect to server

this has started happening so regularly suddenly and I’m sick of it.
I don’t even get loaded into the map, I just stay in the main menu with an error message that says “failed to connect to server” this season alone it has happened about 4 times already and It is mayorly spoiling the fun in this game for me.
-50 sr and a 10 minute queue cooldown on top of the giant queue times, if someone coold please get their sh*t together and finally solve this issue that has been in overwatch for 3 years that would be nice.

2 Likes

Good morning BananaSpooks,

I’m sorry to hear about what you’ve been experiencing in the game.

First thing I would recommend is that you follow the steps of our Connection Troubleshooting support article, including the steps in the advanced troubleshooting section.

If you continue to experience this issue, exit the game, and delete the Overwatch Settings file under This PC > Documents > Overwatch. Then, repair Overwatch by following the steps listed here, and try again.

did these all of these before I posted. after ragequitting the game and coming back the next day (restarted my router before starting the computer just to be safe) it seemed to have stopped. Unfortunately now the problem is happening again when I tried to go in the arcade comp. **

This problem Only seems to happen in competitive game modes.

It seems to be directly related to competitive, since we’ve played endless hours of quickplay without issue, then days in a row the first attempt at competitive leads to a ‘failed to connect to server’. Can’t troubleshoot that on my end, have you blue postin fella’s tried troubleshooting it?

I also have this issue on QP :< Same issues and keep have to ask my team to leave, just so i can play as well. Overwatch pls fix this

you still here bud? cuz the failed to connect to server problem still is for sure.